• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

closed

6 posts in this topic

Do people typically list stuff for sale first before going the auction route? Or is the fresh to auction route better overall? I ask because I am interested in the Conan strip but also wondered why I never see these things being offered for sale. Perhaps I am not looking in the right places, hence the question.

I have, inadvertently, tried different ways to sell original comic art over the years.  We are an astute and savvy crowd of buyers and sellers who share somewhat similar interests.  "Fresh" could mean an avalanche to follow.  I am not aware of any comparison metrics specific to your question.  Throw original art into the mix, and you really have a bunch of unknowns.  At least, with a well-publicized international auction, you may get enough exposure for your lots and rest easy that you couldn't have done better yourself, if you are liquidating an estate, for example.  Stay educated by watching sale results. 

I am holding onto just a roomful of (on the wall) art that will likely go to an auction house eventually.  Other art in my collection I'm making an effort to sell myself through online platforms like eBay, comicartfans, and of course, these CGC forums.  This remark is subject to edit.  And, ask Alex.:wink:  Best, David

I had two Conan strips with Red Sonja, so was okay letting one go. Had seen others on HA with Sonja sell pretty well, so was comfortable going the auction route with that piece rather than try and sell privately. Thanks for watching and best of luck if you decide to bid!