• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic values
2 2

57 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Yodisd said:

Raw

Go on eBay sold listings and see if you can find one that looks similar.

1 minute ago, Junkdrawer said:

The 100% best way is to consign them to auction. What they sell for is what they are worth. 

We don't even know if we're talking buying or selling. (shrug)

12 minutes ago, Yodisd said:

What is the best way to find out what comics are worth? I’m not sure how to use the overstreet guide....

Well you can look here and see what the number equates to a grade:

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading-scale/

So a "7.0" would be a Fine/Very Fine

Haven't bought an Overstreet in years, but the older ones I have break down values by Fine (6.0) and Very Fine (8.0). So a 7.0 would be in the middle of that range.

Then you can search eBay for something like "amazing spiderman 51" and see what a Fine/Very Fine or a 7.0 is going for.

GPA is a paid service that shows the value of slabbed books from certain web sites:

http://comics.gpanalysis.com/

Also watch auction closes on ComicLink.com and Comicconnect.com, mycomicshop.com and the sales threads on the boards.

Good Luck!

-bc

1 minute ago, bc said:

Well you can look here and see what the number equates to a grade:

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading-scale/

So a "7.0" would be a Fine/Very Fine

Haven't bought an Overstreet in years, but the older ones I have break down values by Fine (6.0) and Very Fine (8.0). So a 7.0 would be in the middle of that range.

Then you can search eBay for something like "amazing spiderman 51" and see what a Fine/Very Fine or a 7.0 is going for.

GPA is a paid service that shows the value of slabbed books from certain web sites:

http://comics.gpanalysis.com/

Also watch auction closes on ComicLink.com and Comicconnect.com, mycomicshop.com and the sales threads on the boards.

Good Luck!

-bc

Thanks, someone on eBay was asking 80 dollars for Spider-Man 51 7.0, I offered 60 and he took it but I’m wondering what a Spider-Man 51 7.0 is worth

5 minutes ago, Yodisd said:

Thanks, someone on eBay was asking 80 dollars for Spider-Man 51 7.0, I offered 60 and he took it but I’m wondering what a Spider-Man 51 7.0 is worth

GPA says in 2017 the high price was $178 for a CGC 7.0 and a low price of $78 for a slabbed CGC 7.0.

That's your one free lookup :)

-bc

Edited by bc

2 minutes ago, Yodisd said:

To you it appears to be worth $60.  And based on E-Bay sold prices - $60 is definitely on the high side but several others have sold for that price. 

Just now, bc said:

GPA says in 2017 the high price was $178 for a CGC 7.0 and a low price of $78 for a slabbed CGC 7.0.

That's you're one free lookup :)

-bc

Just now, bc said:

That's you're one free lookup :)

-bc

Thanks! I can look up comic values on GPA though??

2 minutes ago, bc said:

That's your one free lookup :)

-bc

I think he said it was a raw book.

1 minute ago, Yodisd said:

Thanks! I can look up comic values on GPA though??

GPA is a summary of what slabbed (CGC) copies have sold for.  If you are trying to sell or buy a raw copy of a book it's best to look at E-Bay sold listings or Overstreet if you can't find anything on E-Bay.  But realize Overstreet prices are 90% of the time way over the prices you can actually get in real life.  But it is at least a tool to get you in the right area.