• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moon Girl

11 posts in this topic

Two books are in a tie for her first appearance: Moon Girl and the Prince #1 and Happy Houlihans #1 (September 1947)

After that, she continues appearing in her own title ("Moon Girl")...so, second appearance is in Moon Girl #2, third appearance is in Moon Girl #3, etc.

In June 1948, in addition to her own title, she starts appearing in Gunfighter (issue #5). So two books are tied for her fourth appearance: Moon Girl #4 and Gunfighter #5

etc...

Edited by edowens71

11 minutes ago, edowens71 said:

Two books are in a tie for her first appearance: Moon Girl and the Prince #1 and Happy Houlihans #1 (September 1947)

After that, she continues appearing in her own title ("Moon Girl")...so, second appearance is in Moon Girl #2, third appearance is in Moon Girl #3, etc.

In June 1948, in addition to her own title, she starts appearing in Gunfighter (issue #5). So two books are tied for her fourth appearance: Moon Girl #4 and Gunfighter #5

etc...

Ha! This is awesome. Thank you!

36 minutes ago, edowens71 said:

etc...

What about animal fables #7.  I've found that it tells her origin?

57 minutes ago, Key Collector Comics said:

What about animal fables #7.  I've found that it tells her origin?

Good point - I think that story is a reprint of the 8-page origin story that appeared concurrently in Moon Girl and the Prince #1/Happy Houlihans #1. If you count that as a separate appearance, I suppose that would be the second appearance (printed before Moon Girl #2)

Edited by edowens71

12 hours ago, edowens71 said:

Good point - I think that story is a reprint of the 8-page origin story that appeared concurrently in Moon Girl and the Prince #1/Happy Houlihans #1. If you count that as a separate appearance, I suppose that would be the second appearance (printed before Moon Girl #2)

Sounds accurate.  That's really good info.  Thank you

On 12/16/2017 at 12:43 AM, Key Collector Comics said:

Does anyone know the first and early appearances (2nd and 3rd) or Moon Girl Clare Lune? 

Thanks! 

Even though The Happy Houlihans #1 reprinted the Moon Girl #1 story there is but a mere 12 days difference in their release (dec. 1st vs dec. 12th 1947).

This is a very similar situation like the difference with WW’s appearances in All Star #8 vs Sensation Comics #1.