• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern DC desirable?

34 posts in this topic

I have been holding on to about 150 Modern DC’s for about 5 years now.

If it said Brightest Day, Blackest Night or Flashpoint I picked it up.

Never even read them. Would there be any interest in these for anyone?

Or are they just good to read?

image.thumb.jpg.ea17354b5b747a544fadb35622033ba2.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.67e0ec285624f33b5bb2dbec7cd6e742.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.a6b84c2bbf48ed72da0a6eb80583289f.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.6f25eb5f7bf6691f80375ccc396e853e.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.873979fcbd3b5a839302a4271e523788.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.56f4e22ceea240dbd89cc0cad656e886.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.c1e7a426d73baa16319747ac25c82d2b.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.38e694c6755ddb6e8d6326e243fc30ca.jpg

Edited by faster friends

26 minutes ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

1. That is no way to store comics  :whatthe:

2. Why aren't they bagged and boarded ?

I know. I have not got around to it yet as I have not looked at them in 5 years. Out of site out of mind. I had them facing cover to cover to keep from spine roll. I just turned them around to organize them yesterday.

But I was not asking about storage advice thank you.

Edited by faster friends

48 minutes ago, faster friends said:

I know. I have not got around to it yet as I have not looked at them in 5 years. Out of site out of mind. I had them facing cover to cover to keep from spine roll. I just turned them around to organize them yesterday.

But I was not asking about storage advice thank you.

What exactly are you asking?

I think the OP is asking if there's any financial value in these issues (being that it's a Batman/Marvel world) or, if not, are the stories any good?

Edit: Darn, posted while you were posting! At least I guessed correctly!

Edited by Hal Turner

2 minutes ago, faster friends said:

Got caught up in the hype and then life happened. Never got around to it.

I think they're excellent reads. But if you have the ENTIRE storyline + tie ins COMPLETE then I'm sure there will be someone who hasn't read them that will be interested. But don't expect to get your money back imo

Flashpoint was hot a little while back due to the TV show and potential movie. Not sure if it still is.

Blackest Night sells well for me at shows in sets. Some of the spin off minis do well also. I am currently out of all of them.

I'm confused as the OP has 12,755 posts and is not more in-tune with the hobby in general.  Are you strictly a Gold/SA collector and not familiar with current comics?   You obviously purchased these new, so you visited a LCS regularly.  (I mean I don't own any GA comics, but I am basically  familiar with the who's who's-what's what's, and what is more desirable from a  sales standpoint from the era).   I am not trying to start anything,  I am just kind of confused.   

These are 6 or 7 years old and no I don’t currently read moderns.

also I have been out of the loop for the better part of 2 years with life issues. Just now getting back into it.

And yes I am a Silver/Bronze Age DC collector.

No mystery really, just wondering if there is damand for these moderns so I came to the modern forum to ask the community “experts” before I started my own research.

also my LCS owner where is used to go passed away 2 years ago and I have not found another shop.

I hope that clears it up for everyone. 

This is a community as you will see. Seems the people with questions about my ask are all newbies

I am not sure why all questions which have nothing to do with my ask?

Edited by faster friends

9 hours ago, faster friends said:

also I have been out of the loop for the better part of 2 years with life issues. Just now getting back into it.

No mystery really, just wondering if there is damand for these moderns so I came to the modern forum to ask the community “experts” before I started my own research.

also my LCS owner where is used to go passed away 2 years ago and I have not found another shop.

This is a community as you will see. Seems the people with questions about my ask are all newbies

Cant get any slack here.  Jeez , who cares how you store your books.  Flashpoint #5 and a couple others could be worth more than others in the future.  The entire run usually always has some value together as well. 

9 hours ago, faster friends said:

Ok.  Understood.  You don't get 12K + posts without being around the block a few times, but I get it. 

Honestly, I see many of these in the dollar bins at my various LCS shops.   Hope that helps.