• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can a Near Mint comic have Arrival dates or other markings?

6 posts in this topic

I'm reviewing some of the big comic websites grading standards and I noticed that Mile High Comics allows arrival dates on NM comics, is this a universally accepted standard? I hate markings of any kind on a cover, so I was curious what the general standard is.

"small, inconspicuous dates/initals allowed" 9.9 MINT

OGG

date stamps don't necessarily mean "small, inconspicuous dates/initials," though. I have seen 9.6s with stamps on them. There's a big, fat date stamp on the cover of the "Atomic Comics" 9.4 on page 170 in the OGG, too.

I personally like date stamps when they are inobtrusive. Others hate hate hate them. To each their own, but it's my understanding that date stamps don't really affect grades all that much, unless they're blatantly done.

OGG - Overstreet Grading Guide, btw

I'm reviewing some of the big comic websites grading standards and I noticed that Mile High Comics allows arrival dates on NM comics, is this a universally accepted standard? I hate markings of any kind on a cover, so I was curious what the general standard is.

Alot of people dont like arrival dates on the front cover of there books.I personally like them as long as it has legitmate handwriting on it and wasnt sloppily done.Gives the book more character in my opinion.It really doesnt hurt the grade up to NM+ from what I have seen!

Davidking623