• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My LCS, Third Eye Comics---named #1 on a list of best comic shops in America!
2 2

11 posts in this topic

I can never say enough about Steve and his store, or his peeps---I can never brag enough about this comic shop.

Lightning in a bottle, of which I think he raises the bar that all comic shops should strive to meet.

In a recent article in Travel & Leisure, they were named #1.   A few years back, Maxim did a similar article---I forget where Third Eye ranked, but in was in a list of top 10 comic shops in the U.S.   VERY proud o Third Eye and his crew!!!!!

http://www.travelandleisure.com/culture-design/books/best-comic-book-stores-us#third-eye-comics-maryland

Third Eye is a great LCS.  As Mr. Henn mentioned they did start carrying back issues since the opened at their new location, however their back issue selection fairly limited but then again back issues are not their bread and butter.  Everything beyond back issues is as good as it gets. 

On 12/17/2017 at 3:59 PM, FineCollector said:

The only thing that matters to me is, do they have back issues?

agree ! how can you be the #1 LCS in the country and not have back issues (or just started with limited amount) ??

that is one of the main reason to go to an LCS ??? 

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

agree ! how can you be the #1 LCS in the country and not have back issues (or just started with limited amount) ??

that is one of the main reason to go to an LCS ??? 

Bear in mind the article says the ranking methodology was based on Yelp reviews and were regionally selective.  I read the ones for Alley Cat comics, and the text largely consisted of “this place is cool!”  Not doubting any of these places are legit by any means, but it seems like a lazy method to assemble a “best of” list.

Edited by mattn792

I hardly ever engage on here and I cant speak for 9 of the shops but Adventures underground has been a favorite since i moved Easter Oregon/Washington, but really #7, within the PNW totally believable. Ummm whoever came up this must never of been to "I Like comics" in Vancouver Wa. They move keys in and out of that shop, than any shop in the PNW. Do you collect comics, do you want to drool, contemplate a second mortgage or max a credit card out? go there.  If you've ever wanted to see a long box paradise with plenty of silver and bronze thats priced fair and just mixed in, with sales of 50% off everything at least twice a year you need to be going Excalibur PDX in Portland. I mean i live on the east side of this state and i have no clue why you would travel here except maybe through on your way to or from Portland/Seattle. One more shout out for PNW shops nothing fancy just a crazy good time, but hit up Bel-kirk Stamp Coin and comics in Kirkland Wa if your in seattle area and be prepared to spend some time. The place is small and sea of long boxes and piles to be sorted often. Just ask to see there convention stock in the back and remember cash is king when buying stacks of books/runs.  Now end rant and back to lurking.