• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collector Society benefit changes

14 posts in this topic

Don't know if anyone has already address this but I guess the Collector Society has changed the benefits as listed below. Now I won't get stuck with NGC and SGC free submissions that I don't really need or want.

Your Choice of Free Grading with NGC & NCS, CGC or SGC! When you join, you get coupons based on your collecting preference.

If your collecting preference is Coins you'll receive: A coupon for 5 Free EarlyBird submissions with NGC and a coupon for your choice of Free evaluation of 3 coins when 5 are submitted for conservation with NCS or 3 coins graded free under the NCS Authentication or Details certification services when 5 are submitted.

If your collecting preference is Comics you'll receive: A coupon for 5 Free Standard submissions with CGC.

If your collecting preference is Cards you'll receive: A coupon for 5 Free Next Day submissions with SGC.

what do you guys do with your coins/cards submission coupons? can non-members use them? cause i have some coins/cards that i could probably submit too (i've collected everything at one point in my life).

if i could use them (i'm currently not a member) - then i'd be willing to buy the coupons that you guys don't need...

I just joined, but I am confused...where do I go to enter the number above the barcode to access information on my graded comic book (and how the heck do you submit directly to CCG?). Apologies for bothering you with these questions, and I understand if you are unable to answer them yourself. I would love to know who to ask though.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide me with!!

Regards

Christopher H

Here is the whole information:

your membership in the Collectors Society! Your Collectors Society membership is the most comprehensive collector's resource available. When you renew your Collectors Society membership for $99 you will enjoy the following benefits:

Your Choice of Free Grading with NGC & NCS, CGC or SGC! When you renew, you get coupons based on your collecting preference.

If your collecting preference is Coins you'll receive: A coupon for 5 Free EarlyBird submissions with NGC and a coupon for your choice of Free evaluation of 3 coins when 5 are submitted for conservation with NCS or 3 coins graded free under the NCS Authentication or Details certification services when 5 are submitted.

If your collecting preference is Comics you'll receive: A coupon for 5 Free Standard submissions with CGC.

If your collecting preference is Cards you'll receive: A coupon for 5 Free Next Day submissions with SGC.

One year of direct submission privileges to NGC, CGC, SGC and NCS.

NGC Online Grading Status Reports 24/7

Available Imaging of your Society grading submissions for $3 per item. Our state-of-the-art digital imaging labs will image the obverse/front of your collectible after it's been certified with an accurate full color image that is specially formatted to present on the Internet.

Free membership in the Certified Coin Registry, the world's premier registry program for the finest numismatic sets and sets in progress.

Coming soon! Free membership in the CGC Comic Registry, the world's premier registry program for the finest comic sets and sets in progress.

Free online access to census information.

10% Discount on NGC and CGC grading services when using the online submission form.

Priority Customer Service access by email or toll-free phone call.

You can't trade or sell the free submissions. You have to be a member to use them. You can trade if you submit for someone. I found a nice coin member here on the forum and we traded free submissions. I submitted the coin submission for him and he submitted the CGC submission for me. Of course, you have to be willing to trust this person with your valuable collectibles.

Although you can submitted directly to CGC, you only get a 10% discount. It is better to get 20% off through Heritage or Monumental. These are the only two that offer 20% off.

To check the CGC number, go the collectors-society home page and log in. You need to be a member and have a registered name and passward. Once you are in, click under comics and you should see a menu with CGC cert number as one of the choices. Hope that helps.

Here is the collectors society contact if you still have questions:

http://www.collectors-society.com/contact.asp

Since I don't sell at all, that's still not enough to get me signed up. The Registry might be, but seeing the graders' notes or the three grades assigned to each book would almost certainly get me to do it.