• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Con Jan. 20, Comics Only! Killer dealer lineup.
4 4

134 posts in this topic

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, HouseofComics.Com said:

News: due to demand we are making the January 20 show 11-5 instead of 12-5! The fliers say 12-5 so it's kind of a secret right now for the boards and people we contact by Facebook and email.

5 minutes ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

No--set up is difficult and the place is crowded with racks on the ground, etc.. 11 am firm.

:preach:                                                                                                   :whistle:                                                                           :ohnoez:

Can't wait! Looks like it'll be a great show. If you see me, please say hi - I'll be easy to find in a black t-shirt with SHORTBOXED right across the front. 

A couple folks already DM'd me about joining the post-con meetup at Triple Rock Brewery at 5:00pm. Everyone is welcome and you can come and go as you please - it'll be super casual. Drop me a comment or shoot a DM if you'd like to join so I can keep a rough headcount for the reservation. Cheers! 

:tink:

41 minutes ago, shortboxed said:

Can't wait! Looks like it'll be a great show. If you see me, please say hi - I'll be easy to find in a black t-shirt with SHORTBOXED right across the front. 

A couple folks already DM'd me about joining the post-con meetup at Triple Rock Brewery at 5:00pm. Everyone is welcome and you can come and go as you please - it'll be super casual. Drop me a comment or shoot a DM if you'd like to join so I can keep a rough headcount for the reservation. Cheers! 

:tink:

would love to but its over an hour drive home and I have to get ready for the big UFC fight at 5pm.

UFC-220-Miocic-vs-Ngannou-picks-696x391.jpg

Richard.jpg

Edited by woowoo

Bunky will be set up at the show, looking forward to it!

Here is a link of the stock/inventory we'll be bringing, hope its a great day!

http://bunkybrothers.com/constock/

Have three short boxes from a newly acquired OO, with super high grade moderns, and get this odd ball esoteric GA, go figure.

AS the story goes, this is only the smallest fraction, of a super large horde long time, 98 year old man, hopefully more of it will make its way  out to the collector market sooner than later,

Bri

6 minutes ago, Bunky Brian said:

Bunky will be set up at the show, looking forward to it!

Here is a link of the stock/inventory we'll be bringing, hope its a great day!

http://bunkybrothers.com/constock/

Have three short boxes from a newly acquired OO, with super high grade moderns, and get this odd ball esoteric GA, go figure.

AS the story goes, this is only the smallest fraction, of a super large horde long time, 98 year old man, hopefully more of it will make its way  out to the collector market sooner than later,

Bri

:whatthe: it was you that outbid me last year on the Action 4 :o

12 minutes ago, wormboy said:

I want to thank The Brain for volunteering to help us out with the parking at EVERY SINGLE SHOW we’ve done so far!

And for the donuts!

We really appreciate it my friend. :headbang:

See You tomorrow.

Parking was a pain last year 3 blocks away is it better now.

54 minutes ago, wormboy said:

I want to thank The Brain for volunteering to help us out with the parking at EVERY SINGLE SHOW we’ve done so far!

And for the donuts!

We really appreciate it my friend. :headbang:

See You tomorrow.

I want this to work for you and Mark, as well as ALL the venders who participate.

Looking to be 'on station' at 8:30AM.

It’s working!

Don’t forget the collectors/attendees! That’s who this show is really for.

We created this show for comic geeks like us - tired of going to “comic shows” with very few actual comics.

I always wish I could be box diving all day along with my fellow comic book freaks.

15 minutes ago, wormboy said:

It’s working!

Don’t forget the collectors/attendees! That’s who this show is really for.

We created this show for comic geeks like us - tired of going to “comic shows” with very few actual comics.

I always wish I could be box diving all day along with my fellow comic book freaks.

Yes!, without the collectors/attendees it would not be the same. I bow (worship) to your wisdom.

I am really looking forwar to this show. Took a day off from work to attend.  I will be discussing Restoration at the CGC Boards/Donut table (all thanks to Brain for the donuts!!!) I hit Staples and had 50 copies of my Resto Cheat Sheet made. Just a basic overview of restoration detectio.  If you want one look for me at that donut/CGC table.

Been thinking hard about what to get at the show.  I was initially thinking some Silver Age DC silly books with Superboy etc. But then started thinking of Shomburg and his Xela airbrush covers. So I think my main focus will be to get just one of each title from Thrilling Comics 60-71, Exciting Comics 57-66, Wonder Comics 13-20 and Startling Comics 47-53 - just one issue of each of these titles. Also a Dagar Desert Hawk (alwyas a fave) And maybe  some Jungle/Jumbo/Sheena type books. We shall see!

Anywaz, really looking forward to the show and seeing old friends again! 

Edited by ThatPovGuy
spilling - err - spelling

I have a couple Lornas but only one Jumbo right now I think. Put me down for a resto cheat sheet!

The secret parking lot is on Bonita and you have to turn off of University. Ie, it's just two blocks away but you can't enter from Berkeley Way. Has to be University. This is never full except on Cal football days.