• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anybody seen this hulk collection before?

6 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if anybody has seen this hulk collection before. This includes actual hulk comics with front and back covers that are hardbound. I think I was told once that Marvel gave collections of comics out in hardcover to their editors atone point. The engraved name on the front is Scott Edelman. I have a couple of these collections. One of the collectionsinclude hulk #167-182. I was just curious if anybody has seen these before and/or knows how rare they are.

http://www.geocities.com/bchasers/hulkbook.jpg

The engraved name on the front is Scott Edelman. I have a couple of these collections. One of the collections

include hulk #167-182. I was just curious if anybody has seen these before and/or knows how rare they are.

Edelman was a writer/editer at Marvel in the 80s or early 90s I believe. I've seen collectors that have the collections bound that way, although it kind of destroys the value. I can't imagine Marvel giving a set to every editor that comes thru but who knows.

I guarantee you its RARE! I dont think this Edelman had TWO collections of the same Hulk run made, or that another Edelman got the same issues bound...and used the same font for his name etc....

So RARE is not the key here. As for value and collectibility: Anyone can get their comics bound in any combination they choose, either a run of a title or just your favorite stories. It kills the value of the books by trimming the edges and usually gluing the spines together. So the value is to the owner.

It might be a cool book to own...but you cant expect it to be a very liquid investment...especially because its a"homemade" collectible. These were not published by Marvel.

Also, depending on the spine construction, the comics may not even be easy to read!