• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-hero Atlas comics outlook
5 5

65 posts in this topic

On 1/9/2018 at 12:05 PM, *Bronze age fan* said:

I bought a few of these years ago. Thought they were cool. 

IMG_7331.PNG

Holy moley! Strange Tales #1, Journey Into Mystery #1, Tales To Astonish #1, Tales Of Suspense #1, and Amazing Adventures #1! The big ones! Those alone would bring you probably $30K on eBay. Are these recent acquisitions or copies you bought years back when they were semi-affordable? I was going to speculate that you must only collect pre-hero Atlas comics - but since you seem to have them all, you're obviously collecting other things now!

image.png

Once Groot became a thing, Pre Hero Marvels became a virtual gold mine of untapped 1st appearances that were in less availability than Marvel Superhero keys.  

I like picking up NYC issues whenever I see one when I have some extra cash.  I would like to eventually own the Mystery Tales book featured on LOST... but I refuse to pay the high prices for a book whose sole 'value' rests on a TV show that ended almost eight years ago.