• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Market Reports??

5 posts in this topic

Anyone know of any sites that give monthly market reports on back issue comic and CGC sales? Been looking at PedigreeComics.com, but he has yet to update it. Are there any other sites that do this? Please help if you can!

Thanks again guys!

Anyone know of any sites that give monthly market reports on back issue comic and CGC sales? Been looking at PedigreeComics.com, but he has yet to update it. Are there any other sites that do this? Please help if you can!

Thanks again guys!

I admit I like market reports also. But realize they are like getting a market report from a stock brokerage firm. It going to TOUT how well THEY did, and what THEY think is HOT.

How many market reports say sales are slow because all the books I (speaking from a dealers prospective) are overpriced. Or my inventory is garbage, but if I had good stuff, I could make a healthy profit. Or even better yet, I can't sell anything (even the good stuff) and no ones interesting in buying anymore.

Basically, they are fun to read because they give you hope that there are plenty of people buying / interested in collecting. The good news is THAT'S TRUE. Better then any market report is seeing which books are selling and for how much (be it on eBay or consignment sites).

How many market reports say sales are slow because all the books I (speaking from a dealers prospective) are overpriced. Or my inventory is garbage, but if I had good stuff, I could make a healthy profit. Or even better yet, I can't sell anything (even the good stuff) and no ones interesting in buying anymore.

Exactly...which is why downturns in the market catch normal collectors off guard...they are usually the last to know...

Jim