• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WOW, FR/GD Mystery Men 3 goes for $1434 on HA

13 posts in this topic

Just now, fleepunyhumans said:

Triple guide this close to Christmas is a healthy sign. And I agree w you: the eye appeal is much higher than the grade. It’s funny how these Heritage weekly auctions sometimes have a gem hidden amongst the more common material 

The real gem was the Looney Tunes #2, really wished I had tried to snag it.  Not an easy book to find.

7 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Just saw the final hammer, very strong in my opinion.  It did have nice eye appeal so maybe not too surprising.

Link for those interested.

MysteryMen3

This seems perfectly reasonable, in my opinion.  It's such a fantabulous book that it's literally impossible to overpay for it. :wink:

5 hours ago, tth2 said:

This seems perfectly reasonable, in my opinion.  It's such a fantabulous book that it's literally impossible to overpay for it. :wink:

I am now thinking whoever bought the Church copy recently is a financial genius 

It looks like much of the grade hit came from the massive tear on the back cover and tape inside the spine, leaving the front with VG eye-appeal at least. Combine that with low grade raws from Heritage sometimes getting a higher grade from CGC, and it's not much of a surprise, though the same copy sold for $657 back in May of 2016, but I'm guessing a lot of Mystery Men issues have doubled in value in the last year and a half. 

6 hours ago, AJD said:

I saw that book and thought of you Corey. I hope you got it and aren't just teasing! :wishluck:

Thanks Andrew. And yes I did :banana:. I was so focused on the Prize Comics in the last C'Link auction I let the (3.0?)copy they had in that auction slip by. It went for what I thought a was a bargain considering what it is, and #2 is hard to come by in decent shape ( usually only see low grade, taped up copies come up). I was regretting not getting it after losing out on the Prize, then I saw this copy pop up. I thought 'oh no, but it's closing Christmas eve'. 

I put my max bid in early, turned of the computer and enjoyed egg nog and the family. When the invoice came through that I had won just after midnight? Merry Christmas to me! 

6 hours ago, sagii said:

Thanks Andrew. And yes I did :banana:. I was so focused on the Prize Comics in the last C'Link auction I let the (3.0?)copy they had in that auction slip by. It went for what I thought a was a bargain considering what it is, and #2 is hard to come by in decent shape ( usually only see low grade, taped up copies come up). I was regretting not getting it after losing out on the Prize, then I saw this copy pop up. I thought 'oh no, but it's closing Christmas eve'. 

I put my max bid in early, turned of the computer and enjoyed egg nog and the family. When the invoice came through that I had won just after midnight? Merry Christmas to me! 

Big congrats :golfclap:  Awesome pickup, glad a boardee landed it

On 12/25/2017 at 5:18 AM, tth2 said:
On 12/24/2017 at 9:41 PM, batman_fan said:

Just saw the final hammer, very strong in my opinion.  It did have nice eye appeal so maybe not too surprising.

Link for those interested.

MysteryMen3

truer words...