• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four #48
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Nice book. The miswrap will not affect the grade but it will affect the desirability for some buyers. This book is famous for  it's miswrap with part of the 'M' in Marvel usually missing. However, this wrap is exceptionally off with no 'M' visible at all. Not the greatest pics but, as is, I see a 6.5, maybe 7.0 .

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Nice book. The miswrap will not affect the grade but it will affect the desirability for some buyers. This book is famous for  it's miswrap with part of the 'M' in Marvel usually missing. However, this wrap is exceptionally off with no 'M' visible at all. Not the greatest pics but, as is, I see a 6.5, maybe 7.0 .

Thanks Bomber-Bob. I was hoping perhaps a 7.5-8.0 but I see your point. I currently have a CGC graded 6.0 so I will probably try to find a copy in better condition to upgrade.

2 hours ago, Cushing Fan said:

Thanks Bomber-Bob. I was hoping perhaps a 7.5-8.0 but I see your point. I currently have a CGC graded 6.0 so I will probably try to find a copy in better condition to upgrade.

It may well indeed get in the 7.5-8.0 area. I saw some spine creases, one of which was somewhat large. It also looks like there is a corner crunch on the bottom left ?As stated, the pics are bit blurry, but it may indeed look better in hand. The top edge looks very nice. This is a hot book, if it's a reasonable price I would grab it.

It's in the 6.0-7.0 in my opinion-- that right side is sharp-- the left side has a little bit more wear.  Miswraps are funny-- some people care and some don't.  That great Nick Fury #2 with the robot cover is a favorite of mine-- I've come across three different copies-- all beauties but all miswrapped so that the 1 of the 12c is on the back.    I bought one (not the one shown below) because it was so nice, but all my eye kept going to was that 2c cover price.  Ugh!

4037678.jpg