• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Triple Cover Avengers 112

44 posts in this topic

Pickd this up on ebay. Had never seen one before. How rare are these things. I've seen my share of double covers but this is the first triple I've come across. The outside cover is VG/F and inside 2 are maybe F+/VF Thanks

I saw that awhile back, and I was gonna bid, but the price went above what the condition warranted IMHO.

That's the problem with today's "high grade or nothing" mentality, a triple-cover in NM would be have a frenzy of bidding, but lower-grade is a tougher sell.

I heard those tripled covered Avengers 112 are very common

Yep, I heard the same thing. Too bad it's not just a double cover - those are in a little bit more demand.

Or an Avengers #111 - triple covers on that issue always bring sky-high money.

Any idea about the rarity?

To be honest no idea about rarity - have to assume ANY triple cover is pretty scarce. Ignore the rest of the posts as of my date/time. Just jerks goofing on you. What they say has no validity.

[!@#%^&^] - did not see Zilla there - but anyway - just ignore the goofing!

Triple covers are extremely rare and there are a group of collectors that like and pursue them. So assuming you didn't pay insane money for it then you have a nice addition to your collection. grin.gif

I've got an Avenger double cover. Bought it off the stands back in the early eighties. Always thought it was pretty cool. It's in the ish # 200 range. Don't have it in front of me but I think its' ish number 230. CGC gave the outside cover a 9.4 and the inside a 9.6. Think that's how it went. Dang it's late here. It's the cover where all the Avengers are looking down at the empty Yellowjacket costume. Love those comic book odditys. smile.gif

Just jerks goofing on you. What they say has no validity.

Hey come one pov don't blame us, the guy asks a stupid question and gets some silly answers in return. The guy's "been collecting comics since 1973.Owned two stores in the 80s" & he has to ask about the scarcity of a triple cover? What did you expect from us goofballs? tongue.gif

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

Just 'cause he used to be a dealer doesn't mean he opened up enough comics to happen across a triple cover. I'd imagine over half of the small dealers in the country haven't seen one either. I've never seen one in person or for sale anywhere myself.

You can have all the intelligence and ambition in the world, but that doesn't mean that there won't be a wide range of ideas which never occur to you. There's more in heaven and earth than is dreamt of in your philosophy, Horatio.

I'd imagine over half of the small dealers in the country haven't seen one either. I've never seen one in person or for sale anywhere myself.

So wouldn't that be indication of scarcity in itself? If I had been dealing comics for 30+ years, and there was an item in particular I have NEVER seen, I would call that scarce.