• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Triple Cover Avengers 112

44 posts in this topic

It's a general indication, yes, but I assume over half of all dealers never open up a comic as they're grading them, so it could just be that 90% of the triple covers go unnoticed by dealers. Collectors are more likely to notice it, so we may see more triple covers identified as such by collectors selling to collectors on E-Bay than we've seen in the past.

I recall hearing of a comic with 4 covers! It may even have been slabbed. But don't quote me on that because I can't remember exactly where, or when I may have seen or heard of it. Double/triple covers don't interest me much, so I wouldn't have made a note about it.

but I assume over half of all dealers never open up a comic as they're grading them,

That's true actually...and it has always bothered me. I think that books have to be open up for acurate grading. I bought a "NM" ASM book once, and from the outside it looked great. But as I inspected the interior, I found that glasses and goatees were drawn of the faces in some of the panels. Not to mention the possibility of clipped coupons and missing/loose pages. But grading interiors is another topic all together.

Probably 8.5-9.4

Tell me about it! The NM copy of Marvel Feature 1 that I bought was probably only a 9.2. The price was fair so I decided to keep it! frown.gif

The NM copy of Marvel Feature 1 that I bought was probably only a 9.2
His grading can be off by two notches or more at times, but there's no way to argue about a 9.2 vs. a 9.4. We're all off by that much at times, including CGC.

Like I said, I kept it because the price was right because I won it on eBay. However, his prices as per his website is quite high for raw copies and usually a 0.2 difference means that you lose money if you decide to grade it! frown.gif

Have you found a dealer who doesn't have a standard grading deviation of at least 1 notch on the 25-notch scale yet? Or for that matter, a professional comic certification company? grin.gif

Yeah, but most dealers don't price their raw NM copies near the price of a CGC 9.4 copy! So...you have less wiggle room to work with if you want to come up at least even. crazy.gif