• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading

5 posts in this topic

This is all new to me but when going threw some boxes I found some comics I have had. One of them(wolverine 1982) is the only one worth anything and I was curious to see if it would be worth sending it out to get graded.

10 minutes ago, JBird#30 said:

This is all new to me but when going threw some boxes I found some comics I have had. One of them(wolverine 1982) is the only one worth anything and I was curious to see if it would be worth sending it out to get graded.

Welcome to the boards!

Wolverine 1 is a fun book, and in high grade is worth getting graded for sure. But it is also a pretty common book, so if it's not at least around an 8.5/VF+ or so, it's probably not worth the cost of grading. If you're new to grading comics, probably your best first step is to take some high resolution scans, then head over to the "Please Grade My" section of these CGC forums, and then really listen to what folks have to say. Good luck!

Getting a single book graded is usually not worth the effort, but it could be a good learning experience. :)

Keep in mind that you can buy a 9.2 Near Mint Minus Copy for under $100. This may seem like a lot, but it's not once you factor in grading fees, shipping, and ebay/paypal fees to sell the book.

Post up good pictures or scans of the book in the Please Grade My Book section of the boards before going much further.  Always better to have a good guess at the grade of a book before sending it in to be grade unless you are talking about a book like X-Men 1 which does well in a slab in almost all grades.