• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: ASM #57

4 posts in this topic

the front look relatively flat and clean but there r a lot of tics but that bottom back looks like a real concern. I'm a newbie so take what i say with a grain of salt. The book looks good and pretty much like a 7.0 to 7.5 but the back bottom ( which doesn't appear to go thru to the front ) looks pretty bad. Depending what the issue is i think it could drop all the way down to a 4.0 more  like a 5.0. 

22 hours ago, AJ0605 said:

I’m gonna guess around 7.5. Maybe 8?

Yes. If that wrinkle line at the bottom of the back cover can be pressed out. Noteworthy is the minimum of rough cut on the right edge of this one. Many of what otherwise would be very high grade copies of this comic have been ruined by a typical horrendous right edge production serrated cut. I don't think that the grading services deduct enough grade tics for production flaws, but I feel they should. After all, they do rightfully deduct for chips and marvel chips (attached chips), but sometimes a book with a raggedly produced edge seems to have escaped without a dent in the overall grade. This one isn't bad as far 57s go.