• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2021 at 3:38 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

I think you're wrong on some points.

I mean, when we first saw Thanos in the Avengers end credits scene, Marvel Studios didn't have the scripts for Infinity War and Endgame already written and waiting. The character Death is even referenced but never heard of again. Based on what Feige has said in past interviews, it seems Marvel Studios has a general idea of where they want to go but then make it up as they go along.

Marvel Studios has been laying down the pieces for a Multiversal War/Secret Wars(the J. Hickman storyline) like scenario since Dr Strange and Ant-Man when they introduced the Multiverse and the Quantum Realm. The scenario of Endgame also sets up for a Multiverse War and the last episode of Loki almost clinches it. Then you look at the alleged Multiverse themes of Spider-Man and Dr. Strange whose titles were decided a couple years ago and it's clear that Marvel has been planning a major event involving the Multiverse for a while and that event points to Secret Wars (again, the J. Hickman version).

As for X-Men, regardless when a deal would have been made, it's almost common sense that one would wait on introducing the MCU's X-Folks being that we're still not that far removed from the slow trainwreck of the FoX-Men Universe. And we all know Fantastic Four is no sure thing.

I think the sure thing is Marvel Studios continuing to develop properties that nobody's heard of before and turning them into gold.

Shang Chi, BW and Elementals have nothing to do with this plan. You proved my point.

Thank you.

On 7/19/2021 at 6:29 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Shang Chi, BW and Elementals have nothing to do with this plan. You proved my point.

Thank you.

In addition all the Disney+ shows seem to be setting up Dr. Strange more than anything else. Shang Chi and the Eternals are going to be a hard sell, and at this point the marketing makes them look like one offs (I know they have a place in the grand scheme like all things MCU.  This is about marketing perception).  I think they are testing the waters more than anything else. If they do not work, it would not take that much retooling to ignore them moving forward.

On 7/19/2021 at 6:38 PM, drotto said:

In addition all the Disney+ shows seem to be setting up Dr. Strange more than anything else. Shang Chi and the Eternals are going to be a hard sell, and at this point the marketing makes them look like one offs (I know they have a place in the grand scheme like all things MCU.  This is about marketing perception).  I think they are testing the waters more than anything else. If they do not work, it would not take that much retooling to ignore them moving forward.

I think there was a fan demand for something like Shang Chi.

People WANTED to see the Mandarin and the Ten Rings after Iron Man 3.  They felt cheated.

So, Marvel obliged.  But how do you do that in a post RDJ MCU?  

Bring back Danny Rand?  That was booooooooorrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiing. 

Enter Shang Chi. 

Black Widow writer Eric Pearson reveals the doomed Fantastic Four Easter egg that never made it into the movie: the first reference to Doctor Doom in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Pearson is "always" trying to tee up the metal-masked villain in his projects at Marvel Studios, where Pearson scripted Thor: Ragnarok and performed uncredited work on Spider-Man: Homecoming and Avengers: Endgame. After name-dropping Marvel Comics character Crimson Dynamo — Yelena Belova's (Florence Pugh) flubbed moniker for Alexei "Red Guardian" Shostakov (David Harbour) — and potentially introducing the first mutant in the MCU, Pearson's Black Widow -script almost referenced the home nation of Victor Von Doom.

"I might've had a reference to Latveria in there — I might have, but I don't think so. I don't think that lasted very long," Pearson told IGN about the eastern European kingdom lorded over by Doom. "I'm always trying to throw Latveria into stuff. … It's like one of those things where you want to be the first one to say it on an Instagram post or something!"

Legion creator Noah Hawley, who was attached to direct a Doctor Doom movie he scripted for Fox before the Disney acquisition, told UPROXX in 2019 that Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige would "neither confirm nor deny" plans for Doom or the Fantastic Four in the MCU. Marvel wouldn't officially announce its rebooted Fantastic Four until December 2020.

On 7/19/2021 at 5:38 PM, bentbryan said:

So now Disney is saving lives lol  good grief. 

Sure. That's how this coronavirus things works. Actions as simple as wearing a mask or standing six feet apart can save a life or multiple lives right now. Similarly, giving folks multiple movie viewing options so as to limit packing movie houses to limit the spread of this deadly virus can also save lives. Your preferred company Warner Bros. also most likely saved lives by allowing WW84 to date and day stream on HBO Max last Christmas, but the quality of the movie probably had more to do with that one, but we'll take it.

On 7/19/2021 at 6:29 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Thank you.

Phase One, Two, and Three wasn't JUST about the Infinity Stones either. Iron Man 3, Winter Soldier, Civil War, Ant-Man, GOTG Vol 2, and Black Panther had nothing to do with Infinity Stones. Sometimes these movies are just about introducing new characters and expanding the universe. But all will most likely have a hand in helping save the universe or multiverse.

"This will be the movie that saves torrent sites" was probably the original statement. Right?

According to a newly published chart by TorrentFreak, Black Widow overtook Amazon's The Tomorrow War as the most pirated film on the internet. It's now spent two weeks atop the chart, also besting The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard, and Netflix's Gunpowder Milkshake.

The National Association of Theater Owners released a statement Sunday afternoon blaming Black Widow's presence on Disney+ for its lower-than-average opening.

“Despite assertions that this pandemic-era improvised release strategy was a success for Disney and the simultaneous release model, it demonstrates that an exclusive theatrical release means more revenue for all stakeholders in every cycle of the movie’s life,” the group said in a press release. NATO suggests it could have made upwards of $100 million over its opening weekend in theaters instead of the $60M domestic haul it took back to Burbank instead.

On 7/19/2021 at 8:26 PM, drotto said:

Disney and the theater companies would be fine with full movie theaters. These decisions had nothing to do with Covid, and everything to do with making money in a bad environment.  It is not saving lives when the government was restricting the capacities in theaters. It is not saving lives to follow the audience when they have been told to or want to stay and watch from home.The companies have been pushing hard to get them fully open. All they care about is making money, looking like they care is political and social media manipulation.

These altruistic qualities you are giving a company are ridiculous. If they think it would make them the most money, these movies would only be in theaters.  Right now offering people a streaming option is ONLY because it maximizes their earning potential.  It is ridiculous to think anything else.

He said, "Your preferred company". :roflmao:

What a tool.

On 7/19/2021 at 8:26 PM, drotto said:

Disney and the theater companies would be fine with full movie theaters. These decisions had nothing to do with Covid, and everything to do with making money in a bad environment.  It is not saving lives when the government was restricting the capacities in theaters. It is not saving lives to follow the audience when they have been told to or want to stay and watch from home.The companies have been pushing hard to get them fully open. All they care about is making money, looking like they care is political and social media manipulation.

These altruistic qualities you are giving a company are ridiculous. If they think it would make them the most money, these movies would only be in theaters.  Right now offering people a streaming option is ONLY because it maximizes their earning potential.  It is ridiculous to think anything else.

On 7/20/2021 at 6:41 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

He said, "Your preferred company". :roflmao:

What a tool.

Have we all not realized in the end the level of bias coming from that source will always be consistent?

"If you don't believe what I do, then you are a hater, sexist, racist and any other claims I can throw your way too. Along with assuming you don't like Disney movies!"

doh!

On 7/20/2021 at 8:37 AM, Bosco685 said:

Have we all not realized in the end the level of bias coming from that source will always be consistent?

"If you don't believe what I do, then you are a hater, sexist, racist and any other claims I can throw your way too. Along with assuming you don't like Disney movies!"

doh!

It's become much too painfully obvious. Saying that Dr. Otto has a "preferred company" is the epitome of hypocrisy, and perfectly exemplifies the pot calling the kettle black.

On 7/20/2021 at 8:44 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's become much too painfully obvious. Saying that Dr. Otto has a "preferred company" is the epitome of hypocrisy, and perfectly exemplifies the pot calling the kettle black.

Honestly, I far prefer the MCU over the DCU, but think the original WW is the best female led film. I pretty much loved 90% of it though Endgame, but my excitement level have severly dipped lately.  I was really excited for Loki and the Disney + stuff, and I have liked it. I have also been underwhelmed by it.

Let's just look at Phase 4:

• WandaVision? Boring.
  • Falcon and The Winter Soldier? Meh.
  • Loki? Pretty good.
  • Black Widow? Formulaic.
  • Shang-Chi? Lookin' meh.
  • The Eternals? Lookin' like a floppy disc.
  • No Way Home? Optimistic.
  • Multiverse of Madness? Pessimistic.
  • Love and Thunder? Oof.
  • Wakanda Forever? Probably no good without CB.
  • The Marvels? Big oof.
  • Quantumania? Title sucks, so the movie probably will, too.
  • GotG Vol. 3? 2 was as bad as 1 was good, so who knows?
  • Fantastic Four? Cautiously optimistic.

On 7/20/2021 at 10:09 AM, drotto said:

I pretty much loved 90% of it though Endgame

Endgame did not wrap things up in a way I found satisfying.  The Avengers never gelled, never came together as a team, even after 20 films about the destructive consequences of competitive male egos.

And Pepper calmly telling Tony to "rest now" as he was dying?  How about calling an ambulance