• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATUM THE GOD EATER

5 posts in this topic

I am looking for other appearances of Atum the God Eater . I know there is one appearance in Thor Annual #14 but that is it. I thought this was the only appearance but I saw some references of ohter appearances on another web site. Anybody have any info?

Thanks

Tomega

I was going to look through my Journey Into Mystery/Thor collection, but I do not have the 14th Annual, so I don't know what he looks like. I have no idea who this character is. How about a scan? smile.gif

Atum?

atum.JPG

Also known as the Demogorge

Class--abstract entity

Occupation-- elder god

Affiliations-- offspring of Gaea and Demiurge

Scale of Operations-- the sun; worldwide

Powers: Atum possesses god-like abilities, the full extent remains to be revealed. He can generate light, heat, and plasma on levels par with Earth's sun, and can survive even in the heart of the sun or in deep space. He can fly at faster-than-light speeds.

Atum is able to absorb the essences, powers, and abilities of others, even other gods and abstract entities. When doing so, Atum undergoes a physical transformation into Demogorge, with wings, grey skin, and increased power. As Demogorge casts off excess power gained in this manner, he gradually transforms back into his original form.

History: Atum is the offspring of two primordial beings, born millions of years in an otherwise barren and prehistoric Earth. Gaea, also known as Mother Nature, had refused to participate with her fellow elder gods who, at this time, ran rampant over the Earth in civil war, causing death and degeneration. Gaea called upon the Demiurge, the physical manifestation of the potential life-force of Earth and source of Gaea herself, in order that it might engender within Gaea a new kind of being.

Atum arose from within Gaea fully formed and in full possession of his powers. Wielding the powers of the sun itself, Atum attacked and began to slay the elder gods, who at this time degenerated themselves into demons. As he killed them, he absorbed their essences, becoming the Demogorge. Eventually, Demogorge slew and absorbed all the demons, save for Chthon and Set, who escaped into other dimensions and tricked Demogorge into destroying lifeless replicas of themselves. Content that he had accomplished his mission, Demogorge reverted to Atum and flew upward where he merged with the sun itself.

Gaea later summoned Atum from the sun to combat the demon Set, who, determined to massacre all mammals to ensure dinosaur supremacy, had merged several enormous dinosaurs into a physical form for himself. Atum severed Set's head with a single bolt of power and absorbed the demon's power, transforming into Demogorge. Set, not deceased, began a long battle lasting months and lying waste to the Earth around them. Ironically, the dinosaurs were rendered extinct due to the battle,, and Demogorge eventually emerged victorious, driving the defeated Set into another dimension. Demogorge reverted to Atum, and was severely damaged by the battle. Atum returned to the sun, but would never again be able to come to Earth unless he was aided by other sentient beings.

In recent years, Atum was contacted by the Asgardian god of thunder, Thor, to aid Earth's heroes in a battle against the returning Set. Thor fought Atum and forced his transformation into Demogorge. As Demogorge, Atum defeated Set once again and returned to the sun.

Adapted from the Gamers' Handbook to the Marvel Universe

Thanks for the replies, he has not appeared in any JIM. From another post :

"

"In recent years, Atum was contacted by the Asgardian god of thunder, Thor, to aid Earth's heroes in a battle against the returning Set. Thor fought Atum and forced his transformation into Demogorge. As Demogorge, Atum defeated Set once again and returned to the sun.

Adapted from the Gamers' Handbook to the Marvel Universe "

This is where I got the idea that Atum was in another book.

Thanks

Tom