• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's the idiot who bid $147.50 last night for an 8.5 copy of Batman #227?

31 posts in this topic

The idea anyone would say someone else is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for paying $$$ for newsprint is paradoxical. From any outsiders pov...WE ALL LOOK LIKE insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. it's the pot calling the kettle black. Most folks wouldnt of paid a dollar for that book and think us all insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. I say if you paid 147.50 then I guess it was worth at least $147.50 to you. Hell your top bid might of been 165 maybe you got off cheap.

Actually, it's even worse than that. Shipping was $10, insurance was $2, and it turned out the seller was in California, so $12 in sales tax. I ended up paying over $170!

893whatthe.gif

Nice book though. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hate to dispirit you, but the last 2 eBay sales of 9.0s went for $125 and $110 I think. I have to say that yours has better eye appeal than either. I think they both had miswraps.

893whatthe.gif

Nice book though. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hate to dispirit you, but the last 2 eBay sales of 9.0s went for $125 and $110 I think. I have to say that yours has better eye appeal than either. I think they both had miswraps.

I was aware of GPA, but as you say, this is a nice looking copy. Chances are, i won't feel the need to upgrade.

Well you are like me, eye appeal over technical grade. 893applaud-thumb.gif And yes, I am jealous of your new gem! mad.gifwink.gif My best is a mere 7.0.

you really got your point across

893whatthe.gif

I felt very strongly about it! sumo.gif

Actually I have no idea how that happened. Fixed now. thumbsup2.gif

The idea anyone would say someone else is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for paying $$$ for newsprint is paradoxical. From any outsiders pov...WE ALL LOOK LIKE insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. it's the pot calling the kettle black. Most folks wouldnt of paid a dollar for that book and think us all insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. I say if you paid 147.50 then I guess it was worth at least $147.50 to you. Hell your top bid might of been 165 maybe you got off cheap.

Actually, it's even worse than that. Shipping was $10, insurance was $2, and it turned out the seller was in California, so $12 in sales tax. I ended up paying over $170!

Thats just such BS. A single CGC comic should never cost more that 7.70 (flat rate priority) inside the US. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Thats just such BS. A single CGC comic should never cost more that 7.70 (flat rate priority) inside the US. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Especially when we're in the same state!

Especially when we're in the same state!

Christo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif Even worse, I know you can ship Inside CA Priority in a box for $4.50 based on the weight of one CGC book. And as for the tax. When I was in Canada this was a lot worse. Sellers on Ebay started charging GST, so I started asking for their GST number - guess how many people had one. flamed.gif