• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New book goes into bank safe deposit box, one must leave. YOU DECIDE!!
3 3

55 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Trying to remember that movie where they flooded the bank vault with all the safe deposit boxes.....interesting thought

It’d be a whole lot cooler if ya didn’t. 

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Once a lawyer, always a lawyer. Hunten’ all conceivable angles.

is it  ever like Perry Mason in court?: you call a witness that nobody expects and everyone  gasps and turns as the court room doors burst open.  Guess not, couldn’t do discovery then or something like that. ?? 

The irony doesn’t escape me that I type this while on a TeeVee set asking you if TeeVee is real .

Never got to litigate or be part of the criminal bar (not what it sounds like), but based on the law school class in Evidence (and what I learned from My Cousin Vinny) it's just as you say - rules of evidence would preclude the "surprise witness" dramatic event, except probably they have some kind of "exigent circumstances" exceptions in a lot of aspects of crim. pro., so a plausible scene crafted with a savvy expert could probably be produced.

30 minutes ago, NoMan said:
1 hour ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Trying to remember that movie where they flooded the bank vault with all the safe deposit boxes.....interesting thought

It’d be a whole lot cooler if ya didn’t. 

I saw for first time a 'safe deposit box' heist movie with Goldie Hawn and Warren Beatty called $ (Dollars), and the good news was, although there was an inside man, they only hit boxes with contents owned by criminals -so victims less likely to report theft.  And your comics are obviously legit (or presumably, anyway, since you're revealing them here).

I would not put any of those books in a safety deposit box. You are placing something that you want to stay away from acidic contacts next to someone else's old, musty documents. Sorry, but your little box is not airtight. 

16 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

I would not put any of those books in a safety deposit box. You are placing something that you want to stay away from acidic contacts next to someone else's old, musty documents. Sorry, but your little box is not airtight. 

My closet is pretty musty. Ask my wife. She moved my bedroom closet into the office closet and that’s where the comics are. 

I think they’ll be ok in the Bank SAFE deposit box. 

The only thing I keep in my SDB is Morgan Dollars. I don't own any high dollar books that would need to be in a vault.

If I had any high grade books I would have to sell them for a lower grade copy and another issue I don't have.

11 hours ago, NoMan said:

Not trying to be a stickler, but, it's technically called a "safe" deposit box, not "safety" deposit box. Sorry, just trying to keep a learning atmosphere here.

According to Wikipedia and Webster's Dictionary, it can also be called Safety Deposit Box .  (shrug)

Screenshot (988).png

Screenshot (987).png

Edited by Bomber-Bob

Just now, Patriot6 said:

We say safety deposit box up here (shrug)

I just looked at my Bank statement that had my last annual payment and it says Safety Deposit Box. I really don't think it matters. Totally synonymous.

1 minute ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I just looked at my Bank statement that had my last annual payment and it says Safety Deposit Box. I really don't think it matters. Totally synonymous.

Haha agreed. It's just that I am the opposite of NoMan, when I first read his thread I was like "Safe deposit box, WTF is that?" the same reaction he had to our version of it lol

2 hours ago, NoMan said:

Well Gosh Darn. I gotta research this. My understanding was it was Safe Deposit Box and over the years it was misidentified as Safety” box and it just stuck.   

Yeah, that's what I'd always heard. It was one of those things that always made me groan, like "hot water heater".

12 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Yeah, that's what I'd always heard. It was one of those things that always made me groan, like "hot water heater".

Or "ATM machine" :facepalm: