• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

On 3/29/2019 at 6:52 AM, combiner1 said:

In my case, it took close to 1 year (11 months) for books to return to me. It was a SS submission. So I don't think, it'll be lying around any where. Even when it returned, I wasn't too happy...... the books came back with grade less than 9.0, the grader's note said, it was missing a page. Before submitting, I checked those books and didn't noticed any page missing. When I asked about it, all they can say to me is, they submitted the "exact same book, they don't check the inside". I was very suspicious about it, because, after a few month, on their FB page, they're showing a similar book (also SS) BUT with a grade of 9.8.....

It's a shame really, I've been going there for my CGC since the 90's and up until now, they were really good.... well until they started renovating and expanding.... then everything all went to $%^&

Check-out their FB page and scroll down to date March 25 :devil:

One of the dirtiest of the dirty little secrets of facilitation: there are facilitators out there who will swap higher grade customer books for their own lower grade books. The only way to fight it is to take detailed scans of your books before sending them off. 

I'm not suggesting that's the definite case here, because I don't have any proof, but it is most certainly not unknown, and has happened before. It's theft. And it is something which all Sig Series participants ought to be completely aware.

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

One of the dirtiest of the dirty little secrets of facilitation: there are facilitators out there who will swap higher grade customer books for their own lower grade books. The only way to fight it is to take detailed scans of your books before sending them off. 

I'm not suggesting that's the definite case here, because I don't have any proof, but it is most certainly not unknown, and has happened before. It's theft. And it is something which all Sig Series participants ought to be completely aware.

It's why I pay the money for a SS book after the fact. 

Desert Wind / Whatever else they call themselves?  Never trusted them, never will.  Dirty scoundrels if you ask me and I don't care what CGC's "relationship" is with them. I don't trust them. 

11 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

It's why I pay the money for a SS book after the fact. 

Desert Wind / Whatever else they call themselves?  Never trusted them, never will.  Dirty scoundrels if you ask me and I don't care what CGC's "relationship" is with them. I don't trust them. 

Celestial Wind aren’t the only game in town, there are SS facilitators out there who are completely above board.  I have 2 that I trust without fail.

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Celestial Wind aren’t the only game in town, there are SS facilitators out there who are completely above board.  I have 2 that I trust without fail.

At this point I have noticed that SS is cheaper to get done after the fact.  The only exception is if I am paying for a sketch.

When Stan Lee was alive, it was cheaper to get a book of his over eBay with the signature that presented well rather than take my own book and roll the dice as to whether or not it would be a decent signature or not. 

9 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

At this point I have noticed that SS is cheaper to get done after the fact.  The only exception is if I am paying for a sketch.

When Stan Lee was alive, it was cheaper to get a book of his over eBay with the signature that presented well rather than take my own book and roll the dice as to whether or not it would be a decent signature or not. 

All fair points, especially on Stan.

40 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Sad but true. These conflicted "facilitators" done took the "golden goose", killed it dead, put it in the oven, and served it up with a nice hollandaise and asparagus on a bed of angel hair pasta.

I realise this is a Paradise comics thread,and some responses are in regard to the length of time it takes to get submissions back through the store.

I am in defense of Paradise comics,I believe Peter and Kristina are overworked,and doing the very best they can to provide a service to those wishing to submit.

I also feel the very few staff they have on hand are also overworked.

I do not believe that they would ever engage in anything dirty or underhanded. They have always been kind and courteous when I have expressed my impatience in the length of time it takes to receive graded copies back from CGC.

They are one store doing submissions in the biggest city in Canada,and I think they are doing their best 

Other stores in Toronto-The Beguling for instance, will not even pay a premium when buying CGC graded comics off consumers,meaning they will pay raw value instead of graded value. The owner is very rude.

Silver Snail another store with a small selection has staff who are unfamiliar with the industry. Are very condescending to their consumers.

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Sad but true. These conflicted "facilitators" done took the "golden goose", killed it dead, put it in the oven, and served it up with a nice hollandaise and asparagus on a bed of angel hair pasta.

Bollocks.

Now I'm starving and its midnight.