• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Forever people 1
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Looking for some help on this one. The covers look nice. Some small spine stresses. The main concern for me is the discoloration on the top and bottom of the covers. It's not super easy to see in the pics, but can be seen in person. From doing some research it seems that this would be tanning? It's also hard for me to discern the color of the inside pages. Obviously it's probably hard to tell from the pictures. I'm not sure how all of this would affect the grade. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

the book looks great but has those few issues u were talking about. Based on the tanning i think u start talking about something in the range of 7.0  I would think based on the high quality of the rest of the book it should b like a 7.5

p.s. I'm pretty sure others will grade it higher,,,that 1st page certainly doesn't appear to b very clean and looks like it has a lot of wear.

Thanks for that. I’ve never bought a book that had tanning on the inside with what appared to be a VF to NM cover. It was pretty surprising and wasn’t sure how much of a hit it has on grade. It doesn’t seem like that common of a problem on higher grade books. 

A white color background on a cover is a pretty hard color to keep blind white and this book demonstrates it. The Tanning is certainly bleeding through on the front and it's a really glaring discoloration as opposed to other print colors, so, it's screaming at you. I had about four copies of this book off the newsstand. 

I went to High grade comics to look at a comparable cover and theirs is really white, so it's going to hurt you. What I also looked at was the price there to help decide what exactly to do and it leaves you scratching your head . Around a 7.0 it lists at about $150.  The book given the white really needs cleaning, not so much pressing and cleaning  would help . The tan pages are I suspect a result of how it was stored but isn't toothpaste that's going back in the tube.

My current shot is a 6.5, perhaps a 7.0 with cleaning. Then, look at the market and decide if you want to invest that plus grading. It's not a cheap book but it's not a high value either.