• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Death of Captain Marvel GN (1982) 2nd edition
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Hey NoMan, I have an extra copy of this I can send you, pretty sure it's also first ed. (matches my other copy exactly, including 5.95 cover price, and no mention of which edition/printing).

Not sure what the later editions (2nd prints and later) have inside to indicate what # edition is it.   Some of the later Graphic Novel series had different prices for later editions (like the New Mutants #4 has 4.95 cover price on 1st Ed., and later editions have higher cover price).

CCI01302018_0000.thumb.jpg.4775729c11045604b4a34cdccca052d9.jpg

I think later editions of MGN #1 (this book) have US & Canada cover pricing, and some have US/Canada/UK pricing on cover, the ones with UK price probably are even later reprint editions.

quick add:

Can you send it to me? Please please grade it and let me pay you current FMV plus postage. 

No sweat, bud, you're a friend, and I have two, and it's just an avg. VGF copy (at best might score a 6.5, mainly because of that scuff).  just made a secure bundle, USPS will pick it up tomorrow to bring it to you.

Edited by grebal

5 hours ago, grebal said:

Hey NoMan, I have an extra copy of this I can send you, pretty sure it's also first ed. (matches my other copy exactly, including 5.95 cover price, and no mention of which edition/printing).

Not sure what the later editions (2nd prints and later) have inside to indicate what # edition is it.   Some of the later Graphic Novel series had different prices for later editions (like the New Mutants #4 has 4.95 cover price on 1st Ed., and later editions have higher cover price).

CCI01302018_0000.thumb.jpg.4775729c11045604b4a34cdccca052d9.jpg

Can you send it to me? Please please grade it and let me pay you current FMV plus postage. 

On 1/30/2018 at 9:54 AM, grebal said:

I think later editions of MGN #1 (this book) have US & Canada cover pricing, and some have US/Canada/UK pricing on cover, the ones with UK price probably are even later reprint editions.

quick add:

No sweat, bud, you're a friend, and I have two, and it's just an avg. VGF copy (at best might score a 6.5, mainly because of that scuff).  just made a secure bundle, USPS will pick it up tomorrow to bring it to you.

Thanks. 

42 minutes ago, The_Investor said:

Marvel Graphic Novel #4 ($5.95 cover) is also a first print.  It's also the scarcer Canadian Newsstand Price Variant. In my opinion, this would be the edition I'd go after. 

Thank you for your very relevant post in this thread about MGN 1.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

1 hour ago, The_Investor said:

Marvel Graphic Novel #4 ($5.95 cover) is also a first print.  It's also the scarcer Canadian Newsstand Price Variant. In my opinion, this would be the edition I'd go after. 

I have number 4 ( I think , is New Mutants). 

With slight exceptions here and there I’m generally about reading stuff. That’s what I was asking about re: MGN #1. I like the cover of first edition so I wanted my reading copy subsequent reprint to have that cover. Heard from many sources Death of Captain Marvel is a well crafted tale. 

Edited by NoMan

16 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I have number 4 ( I think , is New Mutants). 

With slight exceptions here and there I’m generally about reading stuff. That’s what I was asking about re: MGN #1. I like the cover of first edition so I wanted my reading copy subsequent reprint to have that cover. Heard from many sources Death of Captain Marvel is a well crafted tale. 

I would agree that the story is a good one indeed. I don't know if I still have my beat up copy but if I do find it this weekend you could have it at no cost :) 

3 minutes ago, The_Investor said:

I would agree that the story is a good one indeed. I don't know if I still have my beat up copy but if I do find it this weekend you could have it at no cost :) 

Nice group here! :foryou:  I do appreciate that but Boardie Grebal is donating his to the cause. 

But seriously, thank you.