• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone ever seen these before?

22 posts in this topic

The Batman & Robin looks like the centerfold from Batman 181 (1st Poison Ivy).  The centerfold seems to be missing from a lot of copies so someone may pay something to complete a high grade copy.  Not sure about the rest since they are DC junk:whistle:

Edited by 1Cool

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

Thank you 1Cool, that's a great start, as I didn't even know they were originally in the comic books! 

Yeah, you can see the damage where the staples were on most of them. I remember the Murphy Anderson Justice Society poster, think its probably from a JLA back in the 1970s when they were 25 cent giant books (#91-#99?)

6 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Do they have any value?

sounds like the identities of the comics have been revealed.  At this point, you can probably look up the individual comics for their prices, and with a little work you can estimate/extrapolate the pin up values.  Obviously the older the book and the more key the issue will result in a higher price. 

2 hours ago, revat said:

sounds like the identities of the comics have been revealed.  At this point, you can probably look up the individual comics for their prices, and with a little work you can estimate/extrapolate the pin up values.  Obviously the older the book and the more key the issue will result in a higher price. 

I don't think they would have much value with the exception of someone looking to marry a missing centerfold to their book.

3 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:
2 hours ago, revat said:

I don't think they would have much value with the exception of someone looking to marry a missing centerfold to their book.

I totally agree. 

Why would you put a print inside of a comic these do not look like the same media to me.  You would also be creasing it down the middle which these do not have.  They are likely just prints or posters from that era.  Now I am not saying one is more common than the other, who knows.  But I see the marvel ones all the time

E.g. See what ft88 did with his marvel prints recently in the sale form.  

Edited by 90sChild