• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

COIMC BOOK CHARACTERS IN OBSCURE PLACES

8 posts in this topic

We like to discuss and display our paper treasures here.  What about a different type of thread that showcases the different ways our four color faves have transcended into pop culture?  I'll start - I was in Budapest last summer for business and during some down-time, I took a walk across the Danube over Chain Bridge and there was a very large guy walking in front of me who looked like a local pro bodybuilder and clearly not a comic book collector.  Check out his calves! 

IMG_0851.JPG

On the island of Mafia in Zanzibar, Africa while searching with a local for hippopotamuses I found a tiny building at the end of a deserted 20 mile dirt road called Spiderman Hair Salon. When I asked the owner through an interpreter why he decided to call it Spiderman Hair Salon he responded that he did so because he liked the Spiderman movies. 

20 hours ago, LearnedHand said:

We like to discuss and display our paper treasures here.  What about a different type of thread that showcases the different ways our four color faves have transcended into pop culture?  I'll start - I was in Budapest last summer for business and during some down-time, I took a walk across the Danube over Chain Bridge and there was a very large guy walking in front of me who looked like a local pro bodybuilder and clearly not a comic book collector.  Check out his calves! 

IMG_0851.JPG

calves.jpg

On 2/3/2018 at 1:00 PM, NoMan said:

On the island of Mafia in Zanzibar, Africa while searching with a local for hippopotamuses I found a tiny building at the end of a deserted 20 mile dirt road called Spiderman Hair Salon. When I asked the owner through an interpreter why he decided to call it Spiderman Hair Salon he responded that he did so because he liked the Spiderman movies. 

How long were you in Zanzibar?  That's my retirement destination.