• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Batman 232
2 2

11 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of sending this in but I wanted to get some feedback first.  How would you grade this?  Cover looks really good.  Some blunting/stress on the two top corners.  My biggest question is the little green stain on the back cover near the top.  It appears to be the same color as the cover.  (Maybe something happened in printing or shipping when it was stack on other copes?? -just guessing).  Also some dirt or foxing on the back cover?  Could any of this be cleaned?  Opinions appreciated!  Thanks in advance!!

BatFC.jpg

Bat232BC.jpg

Bat232Corner1.jpg

Bat232Corner2.jpg

Bat232Corner3.jpg

Bat232Spine.jpg

Bat232stain.jpg

that spine sure looks pretty good...don't know about that ink thing ....Triple J ? ......does appear 2 b some blunting on the corners....there's some decent size tics coming out of spine u can c on the back....slight crease top upper right on back....looks like a scratch line on bottom back....does that go thru ? Sure looks like minor foxing on back bottom.....If that's minute wear on corners it could b an 8.0 but i think it's more than that....i'm gonna say 7.0      go with what the other people say .....i'm newbie

43 minutes ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

that spine sure looks pretty good...don't know about that ink thing ....Triple J ? ......does appear 2 b some blunting on the corners....there's some decent size tics coming out of spine u can c on the back....slight crease top upper right on back....looks like a scratch line on bottom back....does that go thru ? Sure looks like minor foxing on back bottom.....If that's minute wear on corners it could b an 8.0 but i think it's more than that....i'm gonna say 7.0      go with what the other people say .....i'm newbie

The line on the back cover looks like a faint pencil or pen line, it is not a scratch.  Oddly the book looks better in person then in my hi-res photos.  I appreciate all this feedback!!

3 hours ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

The distributor ink should not be a factor in the grade, unless it was contingent upon a book being either a 9.4 or a 9.6, s an example. Some of the "non-condition/non-wear" defects that do impact books on the uppermost end of the grade spectrum, 9.4 to 10.0, have little to no effect on grades from 9.2 on down. Also keep in mind that distributor ink as seen on the back cover of this book can be almost completely eradicated with a mild abrasive without marring the paper or its gloss, a dry eraser and buffing cloth doing the trick, I've seen it done and the book getting an upward tic in the resubmission. Whether that was the reason and maybe it was just subjectivity, is speculation as any resub can grade differently just on a straight resub, no pressing, no tweaking, grading by its nature being subject to change, even when viewed by the same grader at a different point in time.

Edited by James J Johnson