• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Romantic Marriage #24

6 posts in this topic

A very colorful and attractive 1.5. Too many cumulative defects, which on their own, that are indicative of 2.0 and 3.0 books to call it any higher technically than 1.5, but might pull a 2.0 because no pieces, no tape, no major tears. A lot of moisture damage, rusted solid staples, and a healthy spine roll with an otherwise structural 3.0 quality = 1.5/1.8, outside chance of 2.0 if lenient that day.

Edited by James J Johnson

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

..... but nice comic never the less........(thumbsu

Which is why it will score higher than 0.5. 0.5 is the typical domain of books with massive tape on the spine holding it together, major pieces missing altogether, a rip right across the cover and inside pages, usually a combination of all that. it's the poorest condition a comic can grade, none lower, unless it's a book of any grade missing a page, that didn't get placed under a green label in lieu of a 0.5. As it is still a nice comic, and appears to be solid and still readable at whim, it could be worse. A lot worse. 0.5 worse. The lowest possible grade. Which this isn't, and why I respectfully and subjectively disagree. In my estimation, it could be worse. Those moist basement storage spots at the bottom right could be far worse and obliterate most of the art of the cover, but doesn't, and then it would qualify for 0.5. Unless a page is out or a cover missing and replaced with a photocopy, 0.5 is a real rag, CGC's lowest possible grade. This book just isn't the worst I can imagine, which was the basis for my opinion.

i just can't get over this subject matter...the back appears to have held up pretty good over the years......i'm gonna say 2.0 just to shake things up around here...how about this .....the back lifts the grade of the comic book from a 1.5 to a 2.0   when's the last  time u heard that......probably never but that's why i'm the newbie

2 hours ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

i just can't get over this subject matter...the back appears to have held up pretty good over the years......i'm gonna say 2.0 just to shake things up around here...how about this .....the back lifts the grade of the comic book from a 1.5 to a 2.0   when's the last  time u heard that......probably never but that's why i'm the newbie

The first 10 or so Overstreet Price Guides had written treatises on grading, the early, formative years of gradually codifying and fine tuning a grading scale for comics. The main tenet was always, "Grade a book on it's whole". Which to me always meant that the back cover was as important as the front and not only weaknesses but strengths as well should be considered in rationalizing an overall, cover to cover grade.