• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to determine a comic that's coverless or missing pages
1 1

29 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, spreads said:

Good stuff, thanks.  Well I gotta run out to dinner, maybe tonight I'll post more when I get back.  

Alternately, you can just go to comics.org, type in the name of a story from any of your books and it will likely return the issue it's from. Thousands of books are indexed there; unless you have really obscure books, you'll likely get a hit.

Not to take away from the 'guess the book' game (which is pretty fun), but if you have a stack, comics.org will be quicker than posting pics.

ETA: put the title in quotes, otherwise it will match keywords. When you get a hit, you can check the entire contents of the book for comparison. It's only story listings and credits (not images except for covers), but it's a great resource.

Edited by stock_rotation

2 hours ago, stock_rotation said:

Alternately, you can just go to comics.org, type in the name of a story from any of your books and it will likely return the issue it's from. Thousands of books are indexed there; unless you have really obscure books, you'll likely get a hit.

Not to take away from the 'guess the book' game (which is pretty fun), but if you have a stack, comics.org will be quicker than posting pics.

ETA: put the title in quotes, otherwise it will match keywords. When you get a hit, you can check the entire contents of the book for comparison. It's only story listings and credits (not images except for covers), but it's a great resource.

That's a great resource thanks! 

2 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

If you put the titles of the stories, we can find them pretty quickly.

I actually just saw the stories on a few pages, didn't think they all would had a titled-story but I see now it helps a lot!  

9 minutes ago, spreads said:

Well, I think I got 'em all; thanks everyone for your help.

I might toss the stack on ebay and see if there's any interest now that I was able to identify some key storylines.

Oh! I was looking forward to investigating a few more spreads! 

5a77787051d60_tenor(1).gif.9ce55948f191e42c805f0118fe09e5d5.gif