• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Dealt with Bedrock City Comics Before?

14 posts in this topic

About a month ago I sent them an e-mail ordering 5 GA books. They replied the next day stating that the books were available, and that my total fee plus shipping would be around $500. I then replied asking whether the books were restored in any way, and they promptly responded by saying no. I then sent them my credit card information and shipping address as they had requested. A week later and no response. I sent off another couple of e-mails, and nothing.

A week after that they send me another e-mail stating that if I still wanted the books, they could hold them for me until the end of the day. I then quickly responded to that same e-mail address stating that I am interested with an attachment to my previous e-mails. Two weeks later and two other e-mail responses to their website, and not a word from them. I guess I can call and ask, but their internet system should be set up better. On the other hand, I ordered 6 GA books from Four Color Comics, and they arrived 3 days later.

Since my credit card hasn't been charged, I'm assuming they didn't receive my e-mails. Has anyone else dealt with these guys before? Maybe, it's just a big misunderstanding.

Richard Evans, owner of Bedrock, is one of the best guys in the hobby. I would not worry about his company. That said, just give him a call if you ever have a problem, I am sure he will do what he can for you.

I have only dealt with Bedrock in person at Wondercon and have had a few phone conversations over the years. I put Bedrock high on my Good Dealer list. Stevie B is right on. Richard Evans is a GREAT guy. I was really disappointed to learn he was not gonna be at the last Wndercon, but hoping he will be at SD. All I can imagine from your situation is some kind of internet/email snafu.

Well I just called and talked to a representative. She said that the person I was e-mailing (it wasn't Richard) will give me a call tomorrow. Hopefully, this issue will be resolved by then. Thanks for the info guys.

Call the Westheimer location and talk to Ricky himself.

I've known him for 20+ years, started out working at the

same comic shop that he did, know things about him that

are not for public consumption and have nothing but the

highest regards for him.

Ricky is in my estimation one of the most reputable dealers

period.

Highest recommendations. Just call them.

I'd think you should be one of the last people to be in here giving recommendations on ethical sellers.

Why?

I received a call from them today, and everything has been straightened out. The books will ship this afternoon. I'm still a little perplexed why my latter e-mails didn't go through, but I guess these things happen. confused-smiley-013.gif

Highest recommendations. Just call them.

I'd think you should be one of the last people to be in here giving recommendations on ethical sellers.

The shill takes the moral high ground........

27_laughing.gif