• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Forum Dinner - August 6th

69 posts in this topic

It's post-Philly and pre-San Diego, so that must mean it's time to start planning for the greatest forum dinner in the Midwest! Yes, I'm talking about the one taking place during Wizard World Chicago! yay.gif

The Details:

What:

CGC Forum Dinner - Chicago

When:

Saturday, August 6th, 6:00pm - ??? (Dinner at 8:00pm)

Where:

The Stephens Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

Why:

To harangue the CGC crew about pressing

To taunt Flying Donut about his eBay shenanigans

To call FFB a know-it-all

To get more pictures that Redhook will use against us

TO PARTY! yay.gif

Who:

(List primarily culled from other threads)

PedigreeMan + 1 (Mrs. PedigreeMan? PedigreeGal? PedigreeWoman? confused-smiley-013.gif)

Borock and assorted CGC crewmen

Norrin Radd

October Fire

Flying Donut

Jbud73

500 (?)

Drummy

FFB + 1 (The electrifying Elizabeth!)

BassGMan

Zeman + 1 (The gracious Greta!)

Bobpfef

Rob React

Asmfan + 1 (The eloquent Erika!)

Jokersrevenge (?)

Redhook + 1 (The ... uh, Mrs. Redhook! foreheadslap.gif)

Klodz24seven (screw the poker game!)

Rhino Comics

Matt Nelson yay.gif

And I haven't even begun my campaigning yet! Let's break 50 people this year, crew! SIGN UP NOW! cool.gif

NOTE: If you are planning to attend, please be a good sport and Paypal Steve (sborock@cgccomics.com) $60 ASAP. Gibson's needs a $500 deposit by June 17th and I would like to have Steve not come out of pocket for this. That being said, you can wait ... but I wouldn't recommend it (if ya knows what's good fer yas! flowerred.gif)

And away we goooooo.....

Alan

Why:

To watch Alan get pizz drunk and get too "handsy" with all the guys

TO PARTY! yay.gif

You forgot something. I added it for you. flowerred.gif

FYI....The $60 does not cover the appetizers, CGC will be paying for them.

And, everyone, give a big thanks to Alan for helping me with this AGAIN this year! He's a great guy! hail.gif

Thanks to Alan and Steve, I am sure my first forum dinner will be a good one. 893applaud-thumb.gifUnfortunately, I don't use Paypal or have an account. Can I send you a check Steve, or a money order?

Why:

TO PARTY! yay.gif

yeahok.gif

Like I was the one giving hugs to all the guys last year. (And don't give me any of that "it was in a viking, manly sorta way" [#@$%!!!], either!)

Hey me and a friend are tenatively going to chicago To get some books signature series

for some customers and bring back the exclusives we would love to go to the dinner and hand out. I'll know for sure by next week, but as soon as I find out I will send steve the money.

Why:

TO PARTY! yay.gif

Know-it-all......

27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

Any chance we could get Joe Sarno as a "Guest of Honor" for this year's dinner? For those of you who don't know, Joe is the godfather of Chicago' s collecting scene, hosting the first Chicago Comicon in 1973.

Any chance we could get Joe Sarno as a "Guest of Honor" for this year's dinner? For those of you who don't know, Joe is the godfather of Chicago' s collecting scene, hosting the first Chicago Comicon in 1973.

Patience, grasshopper. 'Tis but the first round of many in which numerous expected and unexpected guests will be invited.

(i.e. We still have almost two months, so don't accuse me of slacking just yet! poke2.giflaugh.gif)

Alan flowerred.gif

That would be great. I would love talking to him (having grown up in Chicago). Hey FD, do you remember the Acme bookstore on Clark?

Anyone else seeing crazy high prices for flights to Chicago? I was pricing out flights tonight and was stunned to get the super bargain price of $297 for a non-stop from Boston to Chicago. That's nearly double what I paid last year ($162)... 893whatthe.gif

Anyone else seeing crazy high prices for flights to Chicago? I was pricing out flights tonight and was stunned to get the super bargain price of $297 for a non-stop from Boston to Chicago. That's nearly double what I paid last year ($162)... 893whatthe.gif

It's not just Chicago. San Diego is way up as well. I think it is just airfares in general. I was lucky and booked my Chicago flight two months ago when fares were not so bad. I had to pony up for SD.

NOTE: If you are planning to attend, please be a good sport and Paypal Steve (sborock@cgccomics.com) $60 ASAP. Gibson's needs a $500 deposit by June 17th and I would like to have Steve not come out of pocket for this. That being said, you can wait ... but I wouldn't recommend it (if ya knows what's good fer yas! flowerred.gif)

I thought it would be good to point this out again from the first post. Steve, I'll PayPal you within a few days, the 17th at the latest.