• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 5 Jerry Robinson Collection?!

13 posts in this topic

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Batman-5-Fine-6-0-Jerry-Robinson-personal-collection-signed-1st-Batmobile-app-/173105827297

Hi All,

I came across this on EBay and don’t understand how it’s possible. Didn’t Jerry sign one copy from every book solely with CGC back in 2009 for the Jerry Robinson Collection? How could PGX have one from the collection, unless someone deslabbed a CGC copy and got it graded with PGX, but not sure why you would do that.

Thoughts?

Edited by LDarkseid1

45 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Batman-5-Fine-6-0-Jerry-Robinson-personal-collection-signed-1st-Batmobile-app-/173105827297

Hi All,

I came across this on EBay and don’t understand how it’s possible. Didn’t Jerry sign one copy from every book solely with CGC back in 2009 for the Jerry Robinson Collection? How could PGX have one from the collection, unless someone deslabbed a CGC copy and got it graded with PGX, but not sure why you would do that.

Thoughts?

The Jerry Robinson collection was witnessed by Nadia and Joe Mannarino, formerly of All Star Auctions, now Directors at Heritage.  The books sold by Joe and Nadia were raw, not slabbed.  I have a raw Bat 1 where Nadia said that she would be the CGC witness if I wish to get the book slabbed.

54 minutes ago, BitterOldMan said:

The Jerry Robinson collection was witnessed by Nadia and Joe Mannarino, formerly of All Star Auctions, now Directors at Heritage.  The books sold by Joe and Nadia were raw, not slabbed.  I have a raw Bat 1 where Nadia said that she would be the CGC witness if I wish to get the book slabbed.

Oh ok, so this is likely legit. Thanks for the info!

Iirc the Batman 5 I looked at sdcc (same time ray did) was low grade and brittle. 

The pgx copy might be a signed copy but I would hesitate to believe it is from “the” collection

9 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

They did send the books that didn’t sell at sdcc to cgc and continued to sell them slabbed