• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action 252

12 posts in this topic

2.5/3.0 seems right. Nice book! It has a bit of a toasted look, but I think that's mostly because the scans are dark.

Please note, it's great you've been putting up scans in the grading forum, but I would not scan the first page of any books anymore as in your 3rd pic here. That puts a lot of stress on the staple areas, and you risk popping the cover at one or both staples.  2c

32 minutes ago, Point Five said:

2.5/3.0 seems right. Nice book! It has a bit of a toasted look, but I think that's mostly because the scans are dark.

Please note, it's great you've been putting up scans in the grading forum, but I would not scan the first page of any books anymore as in your 3rd pic here. That puts a lot of stress on the staple areas, and you risk popping the cover at one or both staples.  2c

Thanks for the tip.

I have this as a 2.5/3.0 as well. I lean toward a 3.0, but it depends a little on how the staining is in person. 

PQ looks about the same as my copy, which is about a 2.5. I've heard this era of DC books has a lot of issues with PQ, so I think this is probably par for the course. 

Edited by Crimebuster

2 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

I've heard this era of DC books has a lot of issues with PQ, so I think this is probably par for the course. 

This. And even when only cream colored and not necessarily tan or seemingly brittle, broken off corners seem to plague this 1956 through 1962 range of DC books, which in most cases seems to be DC's production equivalent of Marvel chipping. Unlike Marvels, the early DC silver age books very often have the long edge of the cover overhanging the inside pages, unlike the early Marvels that have their overhang at the top (and/or sometimes the bottom). Chipping of those corners is common on the DCs.