• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone help me find a value for a rare Comic I can find no record of being sold?

9 posts in this topic

I have a copy of ultimate Spiderman number 1(first Miles full issue) that was originally sealed in. Bag when it was sold. 100 of these books had a signature and number from Stan Lee.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarti ... ticle=2355

I have one of those numbered books ( it broke my brain when I removed the fake cover that was over it, the sneaky sneaky).

I am now in an awful financial situation and need to sell it.

The problem I am having is I can't find a record of any one selling a copy that was signed and numbered in this way before.

I would easily just put it in ebay, but without knowing what it should go for being such a rare commodity, I don't want to go in pricing blind.

If anyone can help trying to find a record of any of the other 99 being sold, I'd be super grateful.

If you can afford it and wait, you should probably call CGC and have them grade it first. 

My comic shop has unsigned/unbagged copies in VF listed at less than $2. 

There is one on eBay signed by Pichelli for $40ish. 

Comic ($2) + Unwitnessed Stan Lee sig ($55?) + Shipping ($5) = your estimated value of <$100

And then I find one double signed with Stan that sold for $31 CAD 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Spider-Man-1-Rare-Variant-SIGNED-BY-STAN-LEE-KAARE-ANDREWS/112674952778?hash=item1a3bf3564a:g:kpAAAOSwP4FaJzyU

Here's one where Stan signed the bag ($46 CAD)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Spider-Man-1-Variant-Polybagged-SIGNED-BY-STAN-LEE/112637891467?hash=item1a39bdd38b:g:BukAAOSws6ZaB0yW

If I was listing it on eBay and wanted to be aggressive, I would list it at $49.99 with free shipping. As long as it is an unwitnessed sig, I don't think you are going to get anyone to pay a premium for a 1/100 sig or a 77/100 sig. There are too many Stan sigs out there for that to matter. 

1 hour ago, FN-2199 said:

My comic shop has unsigned/unbagged copies in VF listed at less than $2. 

There is one on eBay signed by Pichelli for $40ish. 

Comic ($2) + Unwitnessed Stan Lee sig ($55?) + Shipping ($5) = your estimated value of <$100

And then I find one double signed with Stan that sold for $31 CAD 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Spider-Man-1-Rare-Variant-SIGNED-BY-STAN-LEE-KAARE-ANDREWS/112674952778?hash=item1a3bf3564a:g:kpAAAOSwP4FaJzyU

Here's one where Stan signed the bag ($46 CAD)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Spider-Man-1-Variant-Polybagged-SIGNED-BY-STAN-LEE/112637891467?hash=item1a39bdd38b:g:BukAAOSws6ZaB0yW

If I was listing it on eBay and wanted to be aggressive, I would list it at $49.99 with free shipping. As long as it is an unwitnessed sig, I don't think you are going to get anyone to pay a premium for a 1/100 sig or a 77/100 sig. There are too many Stan sigs out there for that to matter. 

I think its allegedly some special numbered version similar to those special Walking Dead Lucille comics where you can send it for CGC SS still even though the chain of custody has broken.  I would assume they took detailed pictures of the comic before mailing them out.  The link he provided says to call CGC to have it graded.  Selling it without the CGC SS has little value I agree, but if it can be verified as that special limited numbering thingy, there might a premium once graded.

But I would call CGC first before doing anything.

On 2/8/2018 at 5:51 PM, revat said:

I think its allegedly some special numbered version similar to those special Walking Dead Lucille comics where you can send it for CGC SS still even though the chain of custody has broken.  I would assume they took detailed pictures of the comic before mailing them out.  The link he provided says to call CGC to have it graded.  Selling it without the CGC SS has little value I agree, but if it can be verified as that special limited numbering thingy, there might a premium once graded.

But I would call CGC first before doing anything.

Interesting, I've never heard of that.

6 hours ago, topcat54 said:

I have a poly bagged book signed and # and cgc says no way can they verifie the sig

What walking dead are you talking about?

It only happens in very specific situations with very specific pre-arranged situations 

i don’t know the details of the walking dead one, but there was a lot of chatter on the boards about them

On 2/12/2018 at 6:51 AM, revat said:

It only happens in very specific situations with very specific pre-arranged situations 

i don’t know the details of the walking dead one, but there was a lot of chatter on the boards about them

The pre-signed WD #100 Lucille's caused so many issues that CGC has stated they'll never do this again - the OP's comic definitely won't qualify for a SS label.