• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed

5 posts in this topic

I have a couple of raw issues of Fantastic Four for a friend.  I have the books, I did the grading, and I will be doing the shipping.

First, a few rules: :rulez:

I will accept checks or money orders (both of which must clear) or PayPal. Please, no HOS or Probationers. The buyer has seven days from the day of receipt to inspect purchases and books must be returned in exactly the same condition as when they were shipped. Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.

Any number of raw books will be a flat $6 shipping in the continental US.  I'm happy to ship anywhere else the law allows for exact shipping costs. Insurance is not included but may be recommended as I can't be responsible for books after they're mailed.

You're welcomed and encouraged to PM me with offers but the first unconditional :takeit: in the thread gets it. You know..., the usual rules. :)

My kudos thread: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/241444-jim-corrigans-feedback-thread/

Thanks for looking .

Edited by Jim Corrigan

Fantastic Four (1961) 19

I would describe this as an average to above average, well loved comic book. It's flat with no spine roll.  The cover and all interior  
pages are tight to the staples, which show some discoloration.  Page quality is cream to off-white and all pages are complete; there are  
a few small stain spots on the page edges which don't bleed into the interior.  The cover is flat with some minor to moderate color  
breaks, especially across the upper right front corner and a few minor color breaks across the lower right front corner. Some stress is  
evident along the spine.  The upper edge shows a very small bit of Marvel chipping.  There is a little bit of a suntan along the open  
edge.  The biggest flaw is the 1/2-inch sliver missing from the open edge which fortunately blends into the background very well because  
of it's placement in the white background. There are no unusual issues with the back cover.

Except for the missing sliver, I'd happily grade this book as a Fine to Fine -; I think the definition of Good/Very Good allows the  
half-inch sliver so I'd give this book an overall grade of Very Good - (3.5) and it's a very nice example in the grade.

The third scan is a closeup view of the missing sliver.

Includes a letter to the editor from Steve Gerber.

FF 19 front 200.jpg

FF 19 front missing piece 200.jpg

Edited by Jim Corrigan

Fantastic Four (1961) 55

The cover has moderate creasing.  There's what appears to be a tape pull at the top of the front in the middle. A small rectangle is missing out of the open edge.  There is some staining and discoloration consistent with the grade.  The book is complete and I would judge page quality to be tan to cream.

FF 55 front 200.jpg

Edited by Jim Corrigan

Fantastic Four (1961) 59

Inhumans Appearance, Silver Surfer cameo

The grade says it all.  This is a nice looking book with nothing exceptional to mention.  Page quality is off-white to white and the book is complete. Pages and cover are firmly attached to the staples which show minimal to no discoloration.  Really.  It's a nice book.

FF 59 front 200.jpg

Edited by Jim Corrigan