• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey!! Kids Comics - CLOSED
2 2

386 posts in this topic

On 3/4/2018 at 9:25 AM, Ghost Town said:

Microtek i800. But I think it's more the scanner software and settings. It's VueScan from http://hamrick.com. If you buy it, I can send you the settings I've been using.

I use vuescan. My slabs turn out ok but my raw books don't looks so good. I use an HP scanjet 8250.  Nice books!! I'm eyeballing some of these closely.

37 minutes ago, musicmeta said:
On 3/4/2018 at 7:25 AM, Ghost Town said:

Microtek i800. But I think it's more the scanner software and settings. It's VueScan from http://hamrick.com. If you buy it, I can send you the settings I've been using.

I use vuescan. My slabs turn out ok but my raw books don't looks so good. I use an HP scanjet 8250.  Nice books!! I'm eyeballing some of these closely.

Michael, if you feel like experimenting, give these settings a try.

26792121088_398573d359.jpg

EDIT: But for the new CGC slabs where with the inner wells that sit recessed in the holder, I have to make a window in photoshop and increase the brightness of the book. Otherwise, the book is too dark.

Edited by Ghost Town
newest slabs

27 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

If you've never bought from Barton, he has really nice comics. They look just as good in hand.

11 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

Michael, if you feel like experimenting, give these settings a try.

26792121088_398573d359.jpg

EDIT: But for the new CGC slabs where with the inner wells that sit recessed in the holder, I have to make a window in photoshop and increase the brightness of the book. Otherwise, the book is too dark.

Great! Thanks a bunch! I'll see if these settings work for raw books...My slabs look fine with my settings. Much appreciated.