• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sink #2 variant....

17 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

The swipe of 880 is the reason its getting attention. That price is really high and like other exclusives they are pricing out their market by being greedy.
This company did the same with Stabbity Bunny its why I passed on them.

The bad 880 homage is a store variant. The Bunny NM 87 homage is their own.

Sink is good book, but Comixtribe has serious issues as a publisher, primarily gouging their collecting audience with overproduced and expensive variants. I've never seen such a small market comic with so many variants.

I hope for the creators sake that it moves over to Image or something similar. Focus on the story and art, and not on the money grab.

5 hours ago, sirwesker said:

Sink is good book, but Comixtribe has serious issues as a publisher, primarily gouging their collecting audience with overproduced and expensive variants. I've never seen such a small market comic with so many variants.

I hope for the creators sake that it moves over to Image or something similar. Focus on the story and art, and not on the money grab.

As I stated right above you, Comix Tribe is not selling expensive priced variants. They are store variants that are an organized buying group, creating a false market and driving up prices.

44 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

As I stated right above you, Comix Tribe is not selling expensive priced variants. They are store variants that are an organized buying group, creating a false market and driving up prices.

I would agree with you, except I've seen Comix Tribe pushing the variants for sale themselves at high prices. They've printed a LOT of variants. I think there has been at least 4 for each issue, and with issue 1 there was over 10. 

9 minutes ago, sirwesker said:

I would agree with you, except I've seen Comix Tribe pushing the variants for sale themselves at high prices. They've printed a LOT of variants. I think there has been at least 4 for each issue, and with issue 1 there was over 10. 

https://comixtribe.myshopify.com/search?q=Sink

Not seeing anything over $10 except a store variant.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:
7 hours ago, sirwesker said:

To clarify this, I believe you're saying Big Time Collectibles is a buying group not ComixTribe. 

It reads the other way but from the links none of what you stated makes sense so I'm assuming a post might be missing since I also can't figure out what you mean by "as I stated right above you"

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

https://comixtribe.myshopify.com/search?q=Sink

Not seeing anything over $10 except a store variant.

Those are the only variants available right now, the 25 and 35 dollar ones. The rest are standard store covers. But if youve been following this series from its beginning, you'd see what I'm talking about. That first issue, and second issue, prices were ridiculous. And the sheer amount of variants made costing 20, 25 or more, is ridiculous. 

The Sink stories are great.  They don’t have that many variants at all when compared to a ton of other books out right now.  Plus, the only expensive issues have been that Brain Trust group and Comixtribe’s own convention exclusives.  Pretty normal for convention exclusives with an extremely low print run to be $20-$30.  Once again, really well written stories and good art.

On 2/24/2018 at 10:08 PM, Jonnywadd said:

The Sink stories are great.  They don’t have that many variants at all when compared to a ton of other books out right now.  Plus, the only expensive issues have been that Brain Trust group and Comixtribe’s own convention exclusives.  Pretty normal for convention exclusives with an extremely low print run to be $20-$30.  Once again, really well written stories and good art.

Issue 1 has 12 different covers. 

Looks like the usual hi-jinx is going on with the new kickstarter campaign. Advertising limited edition numbered variant TPB and HC's of 500 each, and offering almost 600 of each in the reward tiers. 

Maybe they're anticipating not selling all the copies during the campaign, but given how many copies of these other limited edition issues always seem to still be for sale from Comixtribe directly, it seems off to me.