• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Antonio Comic Book Show Sunday July 3,2005 -San Antonio,Texas

44 posts in this topic

San Antonio,Texas

San Antonio Comic Book Show

Sunday July 3,2005

Radission Hotel - San Antonio Airport

1111 NE Loop 410 (Take the Nacogdoches rd exit)

Hours:10am -4pm Admission:$2.00

Early Buyers Admission:$5.00 (9am -10am)

Dealer Tables:$50.00 (25 -6ft)

PO Box 151

Temple,Tx 76503

(254) 773-4757 / (254)760-8682

info@jmventertainment.com

www.jmventertainment.com

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

So what happened to the Austin show last week? The one that was cancelled

with no notice?

Your web site disappeared and a guy at the hotel said the phone numbers

on the flyer were out of service. That certainly inspires confidence.

If you're going to cancel a show (happened last year to a show in Temple also)

how about putting up a notice to that effect on your web site!

San Antonio is only about a hour away, but I'm probably not going to go.

I'm tired of making the drive then finding out it's been cancelled.

Gozer,

Please accept my apologies.I am sorry that you were disappointed by any past cancellations.However it was done as a last resort.I wish I could give you back your valuable personal time. hail.gifhail.gif

In the future it may be worth the effort to check with the promoter before going to the show to see if it still on. Especially smaller one day shows.

As a collector you are entitled to do your shopping when and where you please without asking anyone permission.

As a promoter I am entitled to cancel my shows when we do not meet a minimum number of dealers to make a show at least break even financially.

I have done too many hotel shows in the past that I should have cancelled but held them anyway with only a few dealers and a handful of collectors who can only say "Is this all the dealers ?" And I am stuck with a very expensive hotel bill and very little cash in my pocket sign-rantpost.gif

Anyway please try to be understanding.Hopefully you will catch up with us at show down the line.And if not ... we understand and respect your decision.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

James Vaughn

JMV Entertainment

In the future it may be worth the effort to check with the promoter before going to the show to see if it still on. Especially smaller one day shows.

He did check, your web site. Every person that was planing on going should call you first to make sure it's still happening? Or maybe it would make more sense if you just updated your website. Call me crazy. insane.gif

Remember collectors never call ahead or e-mail before a show. Just drive makepoint.gif

They shouldn't have to. Nice how you've turned this into it being the collectors fault. thumbsup2.gif

>> Remember collectors never call ahead or e-mail before

>> a show. Just drive

Are you seriously suggesting that people should call ahead before

attending your shows?

Just keep your web site up to date. That's how you get the message out

about a show's status.

Although for the Temple show you cancelled, your web site was still

advertising the show on the day it was supposed to happen (I checked it after

returning home).

For the Austin show, your web site was GONE, which was sort of an

indication that things were not going well. But Austin is not that far away,

so I made the drive anyway.

But now it's "fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me."

Once again,I apologize for your inconvience. hail.gif

I am not trying to say its your "fault" for the shows being cancelled.I am the one who cancelled the shows due to low dealer interest.

But if no one calls or e-mails to confirm a show it gives the impression that no one is coming so therefore it makes sense to cancel if the show looks like its going to lose money especially with low dealer interest.

Most collectors only drive a hour or less to a one day show.Most dealers have to drive 3 hours or more to a show and would rather sit at home because a show got cancelled than drive 3 to 4 hours for a show with only a handful of collectors.

Dealers are what pays for the shows and if they feel it better to cancel a show and reschedule it to a different date or location then I must concur with them.

Its nothing personal against collectors but for most promoters and dealers this is how we make our living and sometimes you have to make tough decisions that may upset collectors. Christo_pull_hair.gif

In the future I will make sure that if I am forced to cancel , I will update my website so collectors won't be disappointed. 893naughty-thumb.gif

But please call or e-mail ahead before a show not just my shows but any show.It will make the promoter feel that there is strong collector interest and the promoter will be less inclined to cancel a show. gossip.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

James Vaughn

JMV Entertainment

Once again,I apologize for your inconvience. hail.gif

I am not trying to say its your "fault" for the shows being cancelled.I am the one who cancelled the shows due to low dealer interest.

But if no one calls or e-mails to confirm a show it gives the impression that no one is coming so therefore it makes sense to cancel if the show looks like its going to lose money especially with low dealer interest.

Most collectors only drive a hour or less to a one day show.Most dealers have to drive 3 hours or more to a show and would rather sit at home because a show got cancelled than drive 3 to 4 hours for a show with only a handful of collectors.

Dealers are what pays for the shows and if they feel it better to cancel a show and reschedule it to a different date or location then I must concur with them.

Its nothing personal against collectors but for most promoters and dealers this is how we make our living and sometimes you have to make tough decisions that may upset collectors. Christo_pull_hair.gif

In the future I will make sure that if I am forced to cancel , I will update my website so collectors won't be disappointed. 893naughty-thumb.gif

But please call or e-mail ahead before a show not just my shows but any show.It will make the promoter feel that there is strong collector interest and the promoter will be less inclined to cancel a show. gossip.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

James Vaughn

JMV Entertainment

That's insane. If I don't call you, you assume I'm NOT coming?

Dear Mr. Cusimano,

No sir, I did not imply that if you don't call that I assume you are not coming. That's insane insane.gif

What I am saying is that its a good idea to contact the promoter before any small show to make sure that the show is still on schedule.

That way you dont go into a frothy road rage because a small one day show got cancelled. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Because most small show promoters have to wait till the last minute in hopes that more dealers will sign up before deciding to cancel.Not enough dealers No show.

Most collectors who I have either spoken by phone or e-mail have told me that yes they were disappointed by show cancellations and wish the show could have happened but they understand that things like this happen and that their lives are not centered around one day comic book shows and that they can just as easily spend time with their wives or girlfriends doing something else. 893applaud-thumb.gif

They appreciate that at least I am trying to have shows in areas that would not normally have them and to keep my chin up and keep on trying. grin.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

James Vaughn

JMV Entertainment

Thank you for your upbeat and positive opinion. What is the name of the "convention " that you promote ? grin.gif

I do not claim to promote "conventions". makepoint.gif

I promote small one day collectibles shows in Texas. thumbsup2.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

James Vaughn

JMV Entertainment

It is funny...but if anyone goes to this show, please hunt down some Marvel Western price variants for me...thanks! thumbsup2.gif

I plan to check the show out. Will keep an eye out for variants. thumbsup2.gif

Hopefully, I'll get there and not be disappointed that it was canceled but rather at the dealer turn out! 27_laughing.gif

It is funny...but if anyone goes to this show, please hunt down some Marvel Western price variants for me...thanks! thumbsup2.gif

I plan to check the show out. Will keep an eye out for variants. thumbsup2.gif

I appreciate it. I figured Texas and Westerns, the dealer boxes would be saturated with 'em confused-smiley-013.gif

Hopefully, I'll get there and not be disappointed that it was canceled but rather at the dealer turn out! 27_laughing.gif
OUCH! juggle.gif

Well Partner,

It would seem logical.Texas . Lots of western comics. However since most comic shows are in urban areas in Texas and most of the people you do see wearing cowboy hats are from Mexico.

Most western comics seen at collectibles shows in Texas are the Dell kind with the photo covers. bumpit.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

James Vaughn

JMV Entertainment