• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auction Today
4 4

192 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Steve,

Honestly, in my years in the hobby this is one of great collecting accomplishments, given how tough (impossible!) many of these books are to find in high grade -- or in any grade, for some of them.  The diligence it took to assemble these books is just mind boggling.  

You deserve a bust in the main room of the Comic Collectors Hall of Fame. :foryou:

Whose bust would he prefer - Betty or Veronica's? :foryou:

Steve, you are a comic legend and my hero :)

15 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Steve,

Honestly, in my years in the hobby this is one of great collecting accomplishments, given how tough (impossible!) many of these books are to find in high grade -- or in any grade, for some of them.  The diligence it took to assemble these books is just mind boggling.  

You deserve a bust in the main room of the Comic Collectors Hall of Fame. :foryou:

yeah, but if you knew him personally, you'd realize...

he's a better guy than he is a collector!

13 hours ago, Badger said:

Well, I can confirm the B&V #40 went to a boardie. :shy:  A few years from now I'll either feel like a genius or a sucker.

I bid on a lot of stuff, what I thought were good, reasonable bids, only to see them blown out the water by 2 and even 3 times more than I bid.  On a lot of books, the bidding was crazy and I admit I helped it along.:sorry:

Congrats! That is one stunning copy.

4 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

Not mine...lol.   I do have a cute dog who is no longer a pup (He turns 14 in March)

Warmest Regards,

Jason 

Here is my daughter with him on a family trip last Summer.

6A686474-54D4-4423-9A0C-ABA56661CB72.jpeg

Great pic, Jason.  Enjoy all the time you spend with your daughter - time goes so fast.  Mine is a college senior and it seemed like only yesterday, I was taking her to her first day of kindergarten.  

Oh, and cute dog too.  I have not had the heart to adopt another one after my last dogs.  They made it to 16.  An English Setter which I named Mr. Spock.  His yardmate was a Brittany Spaniel I named Captain Kirk.  Kirk passed about 6 months before Spock at the same age.  They grew together and I think Spock lost is Captain and his "katra" left him.  :sorry:

Edited by telerites

9 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

I'm so glad you asked me! It's one of a series of -I think - eight or nine 'literary maps' commissioned from artist Edward Everett Henry by the Cleveland Printers Harris-Seybold in the 1950's. Others include Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn.

https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/land/

literary-maps-huck-finn.jpg

literary-maps-virginian.jpg

Neat stuff! Your collection knows no bounds.

6 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

Not mine...lol.   I do have a cute dog who is no longer a pup (He turns 14 in March)

Warmest Regards,

Jason 

Here is my daughter with him on a family trip last Summer.

6A686474-54D4-4423-9A0C-ABA56661CB72.jpeg

Good ol’ dog. 

From the crowd of people in the background of the photo, it looks the 3 of you are at a comic con!

Here’s my 8-1/2 year old pooch, a terrier mutt mid-chew. 

313A7129-2977-4E78-AD80-2DB5C9C5B44A.thumb.jpeg.e423c194a8315e9f55a6798695d833b9.jpeg

On 2/24/2018 at 12:53 PM, szavisca said:

Well I can join the oh my god the one book I wanted went for twice what I thought was my ridiculous bid club with that wings 82.

I said the same thing on a bunch of books I wanted.  But as high as these GA books sell for, I’m thankful I’m not in the OG art market, I can’t believe the $ being thrown around there.  10k pages are “cheap”.   It’s like pre tobin tec prices just on entry level decent pages.

1 hour ago, Flex Mentallo said:
1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

Neat stuff! Your collection knows no bounds.

It also knows no literary maps - but I'm on the look out for a decent book on the subject!

I went on the loc.gov web site hoping that they might be selling prints of these maps, but, alas, it appears that they aren't.  Or maybe I just couldn't find them. hm

16 hours ago, Inaflash said:
18 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

i own this only because of the quasi-blonde phantom appearance.  might just have to get it slabbed and to auction.

millie2.jpg

milliebp.jpg

I'll give you $300...cash.

Ken

Or how about $200 in cash and $500 in my best wishes? :wishluck: