• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Batman #181

7 posts in this topic

I can't foresee even several pressings making much of a difference in this case due to the pervasive scuffs/rubs on the front cover. While the structure of the book is very nice, indicative of higher grade copies, I think it's going to be difficult to score beyond 5.0 on this, there's so much scuffing to the surface color as to relegate how much of it is actually environmental or storage effect and how much is printing or stacking defect to a moot point. I've seen instances where rubs didn't seem to impact the CGC grade but nowhere near this extent. I'll go 5.0 on it, with or without a press.

6 hours ago, fuggit said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4bimageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b

What do you think? With a good press?

A press will not help at all. In fact, there is so much dirt and scuffing in the Front cover that a press will make it look worse. Applying heat to the dirt on the cover colors will look terrible. Sorry but I can't call this a fine. I think CGC will consider the scuff marks a loss of color and hammer it.  5.5 at best .