• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Label vs New Label

3 posts in this topic

Forgive my ignorance, as I'm new to some of the nuances with CGC and re-holdering a book.

I have an ASM 238 that is graded with the older blue label... see below.  

Is there any benefit to keeping it in the existing holder or to re-holder the book and request a new label?  Is that possible?

Does it hurt or help value if books have these older labels on them?

Since the book graded at 9.8, I don't want it re-graded (obviously) but didn't know if there was any reason to get it put into the modern holder or with a more current label.

More for my own curiosity sake than anything else.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 6.24.11 PM.png

Edited by Drbearsec

Unless your comic has suffered damage from 'shaken comic syndrome' inside the old holder (to any of the corners or edges), I don't see any reason to have it reholdered, unless you really like the way books look in the newest iteration.

8 hours ago, namisgr said:

Unless your comic has suffered damage from 'shaken comic syndrome' inside the old holder (to any of the corners or edges), I don't see any reason to have it reholdered, unless you really like the way books look in the newest iteration.

So one holder or label doesn't affect resell value then?  Ok good to know.