• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wavy new Marvel Comics

3 posts in this topic

For a while now I’ve noticed regular and the highest end variant Marvel comics I’ve purchased have wavy covers. The paper quality to me seems very poor. Even pressing seems futile due to the obvious poor quality. Is this just me or is this the new norm. I’ve opted not to have most of my new Marvel books graded on account of this. I’m not sure if this is taken into account when graded but I don’t feel like wasting my money to find out. Am I nuts or is anyone else seeing this. Thank you

Lots of new comics arrive from the printer wavy. I believe it's too much ink and not thick enough paper. 

Because it's the way they are printed, CGC seems to mostly give it a pass.  I've sent such in and received 9.8's.  

Ok.  Thank you. I’ve been accumulating comics for over 35 years and have seen that occasionally. I see it now however regularly. Was assuming Marvel started using cheaper paper products....Which they obviously probably are. Whatever the case we all know the heartbreak over dropping 20-30$ for a brand new 9.6. Thank you for your input. Very appreciated.