• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

xmen 101
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Since nobody has chimed in I will supply some info.

NOTE: This is for "Raw Books".

I cannot "speculate" about price as related to the upcoming  movie since I am not into either, however...

According to 2015/2016 Overstreet Price Guide X-Men 101 was valued at $12 (GD 2.0) $24.00 (VG 4.0) $36.00 (FN 6.0) while current completed eBay auction prices are bringing $75 - $80 for GD 2.0 - GD/VG 3.0.

The higher grade books seem to be selling for closer to guide than the lower grade books.

Overstreet lists VF/NM 9.0 @ $182.00 and completed eBay auctions are showing selling prices of $200.00 - $225.00 which is really close to guide.

Also, since you stated you are just starting your X-Men collection...

Although the "first" appearance of Phoenix is in X-Men 101 the Origin of Phoenix starts in X-Men 100 and concludes in X-Men 101.

Hope some of this helps.

Edited by marvelmaniac

Movie does not look good imo so I'd wait but you never know. I say this because they are not going spacey with it...they are delving into multiple personalities of Jean grey deeply instead. Sounds boring. Also, apocalypse was a disappointment. He was better in the 90s cartoon. How they screwed him up so bad makes me wonder about the next film 

6 hours ago, jason4 said:

Movie does not look good imo so I'd wait but you never know. I say this because they are not going spacey with it...they are delving into multiple personalities of Jean grey deeply instead. Sounds boring. Also, apocalypse was a disappointment. He was better in the 90s cartoon. How they screwed him up so bad makes me wonder about the next film 

I think those books are like day and night. X-men 221 is my opinion better book than X-factor 6. Same caliber bad guy but at least 221 is part of UXM so people want that book to complete runs. 

X-men 101 is not only important for the UXM story(dark phoenix, madelyne pryor story etc.) but also has iconic cover. Like my brother who is not into comics that much was like nice you have this when I bought X-men 101 3 years ago. He did not care about X-men 94 that I also bought..

So I think yes the book may come down a little bit after the movie but I don't think you will get a nice looking VG/Fine copy under 80$ in future anymore. 

Edited by godzilla43

I've been looking for an X-Men 101 CGC 9.6 for awhile - a couple have come up for auction which I followed and bid on, but price got too high for my comfort. While this is a key issue, I think this will come down after the movie, and so my plan for a Personal Collection book is to wait until post-movie hype.

Separately, I'm a little surprised that X-Men 134 (1st Dark Phoenix, CGC notes "Phoenix becomes Dark Phoenix") didn't move much given the movie is called X-Men: Dark Phoenix (I had from many years ago), but also happy to keep that for the PC.