• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are slabs water proof?

5 posts in this topic

Instead of finding out the hard way... maybe someone may already know. Are slabs water proof?

I guess it would be nice knowing I wouldnt have to worry if I spilled my drink on the slab...or if I dropped it in the kitchen sink. Maybe someone has a story to share...

There is a point to this question... I plan to send some comics to CGC to be graded soon. To avoid heavy shipping costs, Im going to mail them from the US. (just a 20 minute drive for me) Then Im going to have the comics shipped to a friend who lives in the US, who lives 2 minutes from my closest border crossing. The problem is they just leave my packages outside their frontdoor. It could get wet, should I be worried?

Are slabs water proof?

Slabs are not waterproof. So don't go soaking them in a bucket of water. Can they get wet per your example? Sure...I don't see small surface moisture penetrating the inner well. It's not ideal but the inner well should protect the comic. Unless the post office places the package in a puddle then all bets are off...

Jim

When the Greg Manning auctions had a flood a few years ago, it was mentioned that a lot of the CGC books did not suffer any water damage so there is some protection. However, I don't know if it's totally waterproof. I have only seen an inner well up close once and it did seem that it will provide some protection for some time. However, as shadroch has said, just bag the books first in plastic bags and it should be fine. Or send the books registered so someone would have to sign for it.

When the Greg Manning auctions had a flood a few years ago, it was mentioned that a lot of the CGC books did not suffer any water damage so there is some protection. However, I don't know if it's totally waterproof. I have only seen an inner well up close once and it did seem that it will provide some protection for some time. However, as shadroch has said, just bag the books first in plastic bags and it should be fine. Or send the books registered so someone would have to sign for it.

Can anyone confirm for me if this is the longest post Greggy has ever made? tongue.gif