• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Kevin Davenport Memorial Grading Contest Screaming Room

82 posts in this topic

Over on the STL Comics message board, Kevin Davenport had a great idea -- create a "screaming room" for people who want to whine, pizz, and moan about grades they disagree with from the grading contest, or alternatively, just a place for people to lament their lack of grading skillz.

The screaming room has done a good job of "confining the whining." We need a solution like that over here because every round is a travesty of misgrading from someone's perspective.

I was really tempted to pizz and moan about the "9.8" with the color breaking spine stress in Round 12, but rather than pull a Hobgoblin and spew all over that thread, I thought that it might be a good idea to start our own screaming room (with props to Kevin for originating the concept).

So here is the grading room. Here is my commentary on Round 12:

How about that 9.8 with color-breaking spine stress and fuzzy spine corners? If that's a [#@$%!!!] 9.8, I've got some Valiants that will grade out at 12.5!!!! (Props to Razz for that one.) Litch and Caffery can suck my [#@$%!!!]!!!!!

Over on the STL Comics message board, Kevin Davenport had a great idea -- create a "screaming room" for people who want to whine, pizz, and moan about grades they disagree with from the grading contest, or alternatively, just a place for people to lament their lack of grading skillz.

The screaming room has done a good job of "confining the whining." We need a solution like that over here because every round is a travesty of misgrading from someone's perspective.

I was really tempted to pizz and moan about the "9.8" with the color breaking spine stress in Round 12, but rather than pull a Hobgoblin and spew all over that thread, I thought that it might be a good idea to start our own screaming room (with props to Kevin for originating the concept).

So here is the grading room. Here is my commentary on Round 12:

How about that 9.8 with color-breaking spine stress and fuzzy spine corners? If that's a [#@$%!!!] 9.8, I've got some Valiants that will grade out at 12.5!!!! (Props to Razz for that one.) Litch and Caffery can suck my [#@$%!!!]!!!!!

great idea!!!!!!

i've already stated (understated) my case in the round 12 thread so i won't be redundant. suffice it to say that i thought there would be a limit to the number of production errors a 9.8 could have. and Nikos confirmed two tiny nicks, as well.

oh well, on to round 13.............. cool.gif

[#@$%!!!] [#@$%!!!] [#@$%!!!] [#@$%!!!] [#@$%!!!] [#@$%!!!] [#@$%!!!] [#@$%!!!] [#@$%!!!] [#@$%!!!]

Damn the uncatchable Arty! Who gets a 9.8 with a color breaking spine break? Christo_pull_hair.gif

looked like a 9.8 to me. I never had any doubts. Looks a lot like an Astonishing X-Men #4 9.8 copy that I have. I wondered how it received a 9.8 as well .. maybe CGC is getting too soft?

Want to buy some of my 12.5s then? poke2.gifinsane.gif

looked like a 9.8 to me. I never had any doubts. Looks a lot like an Astonishing X-Men #4 9.8 copy that I have. I wondered how it received a 9.8 as well .. maybe CGC is getting too soft?
Not by the books im getting back crazy.gifpoke2.gif

Obviously the wheels are coming off for me in this contest, so it must be blame time!

1 Nikos's books suck

2 Nikos's scanner sucks

3 Nikos's vacuum cleaner sucks

4 My monitor is (pick one) too small, blurry, too dim, has a large hole in it with a shoe sticking out of it

5 I haven't recovered from when Red pitched his hissy and Greggy quit on us

Man, I'm feeling better already! one more,

6 [#@$%!!!] Kevin Davenport! Who is he again? Doesn't matter, it's his fault.

Want to buy some of my 12.5s then? poke2.gifinsane.gif

I'll buy them all! insane.gif