• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed

28 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, cmcfan said:

:takeit: per PM. 

...seems like a smart move to me........... that's a reasonable price for something that extraordinary. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 hour ago, misterrmystery said:

I know it's a classic cover but am I missing something here? A 7.0 sells for $38,500? I've collected Centaurs for a long time and they're all pretty tough but don't get this. Anyway, congrats to buyer and seller.

Same owner as the 4.0 that just sold. Finding a copy is tough, finding someone with 2 of them I guess is taking it to a whole other level. Don't know much about Centaurs but book sold in less than 24hrs so both buyer and seller seem to have done something right.

Edited by Gotham Kid

54 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Same owner as the 4.0 that just sold. Finding a copy is tough, finding someone with 2 of them I guess is taking it to a whole other level. Don't know much about Centaurs but book sold in less than 24hrs so both buyer and seller seem to have done something right.

I thought GAtor now has the 7.0 that sold on CC for 38.5K it was the Berk copy although it got a slight upgrade to a 7.5 ?

There was also a 2.5 very nicely presenting copy that sold on CLink for 5.5K in the meanwhile. 

This is a book the transcends cool though and comes up so infrequently that it’s a “man up” book at any price point and is hard to establish true value for because it is on so many want lists. 

40 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I thought GAtor now has the 7.0 that sold on CC for 38.5K

Unless OP sold it in the interim, pretty sure he is the one who won it at auction.

Edited by Gotham Kid

3 hours ago, misterrmystery said:

I know it's a classic cover but am I missing something here? A 7.0 sells for $38,500? I've collected Centaurs for a long time and they're all pretty tough but don't get this. Anyway, congrats to buyer and seller.

A book today can double in value tomorrow,look at AF15 and when you cut the 7.0 price in half you are right there.You and i have been around long enough to see the crazy stuff going on good or bad (thumbsu

28 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Unless OP sold it in the interim, pretty sure he is the one who won it at auction.

That right I wasn’t arguing that I remember SushiX posting it after he won it ? I was just stating I saw GAtor post the upgrade recently to that copy. 

9 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

That right I wasn’t arguing that I remember SushiX posting it after he won it ? I was just stating I saw GAtor post the upgrade recently to that copy. 

The 7.0 (7.5) is gators copy now!?

Edited by SushiX

7 minutes ago, comicjack said:

A book today can double in value tomorrow,look at AF15 and when you cut the 7.0 price in half you are right there.You and i have been around long enough to see the crazy stuff going on good or bad (thumbsu

That's true, only AF 15 is in a whole different realm. This is classic cover but not a 1st appearance. Scarce like the rest of the
Centaurs. I'm constantly amazed by the prices. I remember having a chance to pick up a 7.5 AF15  for $2K. Passed as I thought that was too much. Big mistake.

1 minute ago, misterrmystery said:

That's true, only AF 15 is in a whole different realm. This is classic cover but not a 1st appearance. Scarce like the rest of the
Centaurs. I'm constantly amazed by the prices. I remember having a chance to pick up a 7.5 AF15  for $2K. Passed as I thought that was too much. Big mistake.

Haven't we all done that with the should have,could have part of this hobby .