• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One armed comic book artist worked on Wonder Woman, now homeless in Michigan

8 posts in this topic

I'd heard about him having difficulties quite a while back.

Very sad to hear, as his Flash stories were consistently enjoyable, and I recall Journey being a quality 80s b / w indie comic.

Very sad, but at the least at the end they did say he was in the process of getting housing. So at least he won't be living out of his car. I've enjoyed his Flash, Wonder Woman and Impulse work. I'm surprised he really hasn't had much work since the late 90s.

I met Bill back in 1988 at the first (and only) West Virginia Comicon in Charleston, W.Va. He was writing the Flash at the time and I got him to draw a Wolverine MacAlistaire for me. We had kept in touch until the last couple of years when I stopped hearing from him. I knew he was struggling to make enough money to survive and that he was selling off a lot of his Journey artwork, but I didn't realize it had gotten this bad for him. So sad, because Bill is a really nice guy and did a lot of great work in comics.

I am hoping there is a way to contribute directly to him. I know there is a GoFundMe page but not all of that goes directly to him. I loved his work on Flash and definitely one of my favorites with LaRocque. Isn't Hero Initiative set up for something like this?

:/