• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silicon Valley Comic Con CGC Witnessing
1 1

16 posts in this topic

I am starting a new thread and copying my post from another thread where the thread title does not properly convey my question or concern, so I don't know if the right people are looking at it.

"Stan Lee is attending Silicon Valley Comic Con. After many questions whether he would attend due to health and team shakeups he has confirmed and they've resumed selling signing tickets for all days. CGC is not going to be at the show officially. I also am looking for more information as to how witnessed sigs will work with him there. I'd imagine someone will be present and make themselves known for witnessing, but any additional info people may have and can provide would be swell. Thanks!"

Is there going to be a way to get comic signatures witnessed and subbed to CGC? I have a VIP badge and my signing tickets were purchased for Saturday. I am more than happy to pay for the services of anyone who will be present who can help me out with this. It's a large convention in San Jose and I'm hoping for the best. Thanks!

I am also getting Stan to sign a few books on Friday and wondering if there will be an official CGC witness or affiliate to verify that our sigs are legit. I am aware of a few east bay CGC dealers that are accepting books to get signed but not sure if they count or would be willing to be a witness. Still new to this process.

if there is a CGC facilitator/witness for the Stan sigs, it is most likely Anastasia's Collectibles (they are based in Southern California), as they have been in the past.  If I were interested, I would call them and ask.

A bit of advice:  Make sure you understand what they are offering and what you are paying for VERY CLEARLY.    Ask specific questions and make your expectations clear, and hold them accountable if they don't deliver as promised.  If something goes wrong, don't chalk it up to honest mistakes, press them to make it right.  Then press some more.

8 minutes ago, revat said:

if there is a CGC facilitator/witness for the Stan sigs, it is most likely Anastasia's Collectibles (they are based in Southern California), as they have been in the past.  If I were interested, I would call them and ask.

A bit of advice:  Make sure you understand what they are offering and what you are paying for VERY CLEARLY.    Ask specific questions and make your expectations clear, and hold them accountable if they don't deliver as promised.  If something goes wrong, don't chalk it up to honest mistakes, press them to make it right.  Then press some more.

Thanks for the advice. It's my understanding that Excelcior was contacted and will not be there. I have a call in to Anastasia's to find out about them, but I thought they were the same people? Which brings me back to wondering if there will be any other CGC facilitators available at SVCC? Seems like a pretty big Stan Lee 3 day signing opportunity at a pretty big convention. Well, feel free to message me if you know of someone or are someone who can witness/sub. I'm more than happy to compensate you for your time. Sounds like there will be others like me as well.

Edited by sorb3t

I don't know if he'll do in-person witnessing or stan lee, but he probably worth a contact.

Just now, revat said:

I don't know if he'll do in-person witnessing or stan lee, but he probably worth a contact.

Thanks I saw that and have a message in to him. Don't know if he's doing in person witnessing either but I'll know more when I hear back. Appreciate the help. Still surprised not much action at a big Bay Area con with Stan signing 3 days and a bunch of other celebs.

9 minutes ago, sorb3t said:

Thanks I saw that and have a message in to him. Don't know if he's doing in person witnessing either but I'll know more when I hear back. Appreciate the help. Still surprised not much action at a big Bay Area con with Stan signing 3 days and a bunch of other celebs.

This year a lot of the bigger guests were added relatively late, and Stan was iffy for a long time.  And the comic guests aren't really strong for CGC SS other than Stan, besides maybe Marv Wolfman and Jim Shooter, and neither of them are superstars at present.  CGC might have assumed there'd be a normal Stan Facilitator as there have been at most cons recently and then just passed on this one, as its barely a comic-con to begin with, with more science/tech than most comic cons.

AND its the same weekend as C2E2 in Chicago (which is HUGE) which has onsite grading AND there's Fan Expo Dallas, which has better celebrity AND comic guests (other than Stan).  and those are cheaper cities to fly into from Florida, with cheaper hotels and expenses than San Jose.

So....yah they were probably betting on an on-site Stan Facilitator (or that he'd be sick).  The odds that he'd go to the con AND no-facilitator was probably a pretty low probability to them. So if you go, maybe just take your sig money and take a pic with him instead (maybe even holding your book)

1 minute ago, greenlantern808 said:

Capture+_2018-03-28-22-35-36.png

yah I saw that too.  I wouldn't be too optimistic. Its not on the CGC website.  CGC has gone in the past and might have been on the list at some point.  But it seems more likely they've pulled out and SVCC website was mistakenly not updated than CGC forgot to put it on their website calendar. 

5abd7a103df16_ScreenShot2018-03-29at4_40_21PM.thumb.png.552664f5a1f84f9d56573dbb8d3de337.png

Was just going through the Online Submission form on CGC site and Silicon Valley Comic-Con shows up in the list of shows. I recall not seeing SVCC on the list a month ago. Not sure when this list has been last updated but I will try to fill out this form and update this thread on if it accepts my submission or not. My gut feeling is if they will be on-site, there should be a witness for the Stan Lee signing.

Called today. CGC customer service says they are not attending. I hope something materializes here. Thanks for the help and advice. If anyone hears anything else please let me know.