• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to determine if Smudge on Avengers 8 is color touch

7 posts in this topic

I have an Avengers 8 from an original owner collection  that has a smudge on the Green Kang word box, it looks like a smudge but cant be sure, there is NO Bleed through  and it just looks like a small smear. Any thoughts appreciated.016.thumb.jpg.f1e2ebec841165f068420fdd1f3b1790.jpg

3 hours ago, silverseeker said:

Agreed...

+1. There's obviously no color touch on the many spine and cover stresses and fractures. Makes no sense that anyone would touch the green box alone in a failed effort to conceal flaws and ignore all the others. Just a smudge, nothing more, nothing to declare.

It looks like a fingerprint smudge from here, but it's also hard to tell from a scan.

I've seen many, many books with CT in one or two spots with other flawed areas untouched. I wouldn't necessarily use that as a guideline when attempting to assess CT.