• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey, Kids! Comics! Hey Kids, Comics! Hey! Kids! Comics! or what?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I've seen a bunch of different versions on old school spinners, podcasts, my business cards, etc. So my question, which do you prefer? I'm currently using "Hey Kids, Comics!" but am considering switching to "Hey, Kids! Comics!" Does it really matter? As long as isn't "Hey! Kids Comics!" I'm probably fine with it. 

52 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Thank God we are all kids at heart since you definitely are not selling to actual kids anymore.

Funny thing.... Went to a local show last Saturday and a guy goes up to the one person under 10 when the doors opened and congratulated him on being the only kid in attendance.  It got better as the day progressed, but not much.

Just now, Mayor006 said:

Funny thing.... Went to a local show last Saturday and a guy goes up to the one person under 10 when the doors opened and congratulated him on being the only kid in attendance.  It got better as the day progressed, but not much.

I read an article recently where the writer made a point, and one I'm pretty sure I've seen made here as well, that is these billion dollar smash hit movies from Marvel can't get kids in the door, then nothing will. Anyhow, I don't want to drift the thread off topic.

In general, marketing people don't care too much for formal punctuation in situations like this, or products like this.

Hey, Kids! Comics! is the most correct. It also reads as Hey [pause] Kids! [pause] Comics! So it puts some emphasis on Kids. That emphasis is missing in Hey kids! Comics!  For that reason, I like the extra comic--it's more of a call to attention.